facebook

rec letters

by: PNM

I just gave the people writing my letters a resume and a picture of myself to put in the letter. Is that correct? Are there other forms I should give them? The people writing me letters have written recs before but I'm worried I didn't give them enough info.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: recs   

If you did your recs through a panhellenic association from your city/area, then you are good! They can tell a lot by a detailed resume, so while its not as personal as someone you know writing the rec, they are pretty good at what they do and will make sure the houses they write recs to know you and your accomplishments!

By: recs
by: SeniorJul 7, 2014 8:11:12 PM

Going through the alumni association is how I got my rec letters and it worked out well. You have done all you need to do. Do not worry too much!

By: Senior
by: ToJul 8, 2014 11:40:26 PM

You did things just right. A good résumé tells people so much about you and those that have done this before know what groups are looking for. Good luck :)

By: To
#2  by: inadditionreminder   

you need to send an official copy to each of your SAT or ACT scores as well. I hear grades are really going to be a big factor with a number of the sororities. Class rankings to a degree and GPA but is subjective to total number in your graduating class and the type of school that you attended. All of those factors weigh into their top selections. Make sure you send in the accurate information as all check this and looks really bad if you aren't truthful.

By: inadditionreminder
by: gradesJul 13, 2014 1:20:35 PM

how do the sororities check? not that i lied or was untruthful, i am just curious as to how they receive this information

By: grades

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.