facebook

international students welcome?

by: Curious_girl

I am a Scottish girl looking to apply to TCU and I was wondering if I would be welcomed into this uni? I know how that must sound, but after reading some reviews I am abit nervous as they said that if I am not in a sorority I will not have a social life. I was wondering if this was true, or if I would be able to join a sorority, as I would like to but some people are saying since I am Scottish I won't be welcomed, any advice or opinions would be really helpful :-)

Posted By: Curious_girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greekgirl   

As a girl, you will be able to get into most parties no problem even if not in a sorority. But you might feel a bit left out since the majority of TCU girls are greek. If that doesn't bother you, not joining shouldn't be a problem. I am in a sorority but I have some friends who aren't and they still have lots of fun and love TCU. But if you do want to go through recruitment, I don't think being Scottish will stop you from finding a sorority at all. It will actually make you stand out from all the Americans, so I say go for it! :)

By: greekgirl
by: curious_girlJun 30, 2014 1:53:34 PM

Thank you do much for the advice, you really have put my mind at ease haha!!

By: curious_girl
#2  by: Frog   

I agree with the response above. I think being Scottish may be a plus. People will remember you and chapters may like the idea of having an international member! If you can, contact the Fort Worth alumni groups for each house and see if they can assist you with getting rec letters. Scotland is one of my favorite countries I have visited in Europe. Welcome to Texas and I look forward to meeting you!

By: Frog
by: curious_girlJun 30, 2014 1:54:12 PM

Thank you aswell for the advice, hopper I get in and I can meet you too!!

By: curious_girl
by: BSNJun 30, 2014 10:46:28 PM

I couldn't answer any better than frog above. How exciting to have an international sister. If you can get help with rec letters you may be more intriguing to the houses than the American girls.

By: BSN
by: !!Jul 1, 2014 7:28:29 PM

I bet a lot of houses will be on the look out to welcome you!!

By: !!
#3  by: Tcu frog   

I would agree with the others. You will stand out. Bring a good personality and resume and you may be very wanted by houses looking for an international student that brings a smile.

By: Tcu frog
by: SOSJul 8, 2014 2:49:07 AM

If anything this should be a plus for you. If you have a great personality and resume you should be highly sought after. The only groups that might be less attentive are the "southern" groups which are Chi Omega, Tri Delt and Kappa Kappa Gamma. They normally prefer recruits from Texas. International places you in a new category though.

By: SOS
by: Hello Jul 8, 2014 9:35:09 PM

It is exciting to think we may have someone from Europe as a new sister. Certainly don't let that keep you from going through recruitment.

By: Hello

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.