facebook

rushing w no connections?

by: northernpnm

i’m rushing in the fall and i’m from far oos (illinois). idk anyone at tcu and i know how competitive rush is here, so i was wondering how hard it would be to rush without knowing anyone? i don’t care about rankings at all, i just want a bid, but is there a big chance i would be completely dropped?

Posted By: northernpnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

first of all, why would anyone from Illinois want to go here?
second, you say you don't care about rankings , but you will during recruitment
finally, nobody gets dropped from every sorority. some leave recruitment when they get dropped from the top sorties

By: .
#2  by: find your group   

stay in recruitment until the end and you will not be dropped from every sorority, probably have 2 groups left for YOU to choose from

By: find your group
#3  by: B   

I rushed without knowing anyone here from the northeast and I had two lower tier houses on pref. Connections matter a lot here and honestly it makes sense bc I would pick my friends or people from my town too. That doesn’t mean it can’t work out well for you but it makes it a lot harder. I was cut from 9 houses after round one and I was a captain of a sport in hs and had a high gpa. It was a shock and while I have made friends in my sorority I don’t know if I would come here again knowing what I do now

By: B
#4  by: ?   

i knew no one at tcu i preffed two top houses and pledged my favorite. just be yourself and outgoing and you will be fine

By: ?
by: .Feb 16, 2024 10:25:40 AM

Are you from a southern state or California?

By: .
by: ?Feb 17, 2024 10:18:51 AM

neither

By: ?
#5  by: wow   

What did they say on the bama site and all the other ones you posted on? You are going to be so busy rushing at so many schools omg

By: wow
#6  by: Pip   

Maybe search a roommate who is a good match and has sonority connections. Connections help but it isn’t the end of the world either. Making connections with the actives who talk with you matter the most.

By: Pip

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.