facebook

Already feel counted out

by: L

I feel like there is no point in even being friendly and trying to talk to people. It’s like bc of the sorority I’m in people already think I’m weird. I wish I had dropped before initiation but I didn’t understand how much this was going to impact my life here

Posted By: L
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Options   

You have a choice: get super involved in your sorority and make it better or drop out and be your own person. But don’t stay in- just to complain

By: Options
by: shove itFeb 13, 2024 6:32:21 PM

shove it ! Mean Girls went out of style 20 years ago.

By: shove it
#2  by: drop.   

just leave honestly, it’s not fair to you or them to stay. if you don’t want to drop, make the best of it.

By: drop.
#3  by: just sad   

It's just sad that nobody here sees that we have a systemic problem at this school. Everyone is telling her to suck it up or drop out. Nobody is taking any responsibility for the ridiculous pecking order that all the jax at this school just can't let go of. This place gets more pathetic every day.

By: just sad
#4  by: It gets better   

This only matters to freshmen, who are all still in the insecure high school mentality and fall back on labels. Stick it out, establish your own reputation, and people will get more reasonable and less shallow as their eyes open.

But what about your sorority sisters? Don't you care about them? Do they not matter, and are not worthy of forming relationships with, or are you just drinking the stupid freshman Koolaid with everyone else you are complaining about?

You will find your close friend group within and without your sorority. Truth.

By: It gets better
by: mehFeb 13, 2024 1:23:14 PM

I don't agree that this only matters to freshman. At other schools, that may be the case, but not here. They are many alumna and parents who care way too much about rankings here at TCU. Some people forget that this is in fact, a Southern School.

By: meh
by: ^Feb 13, 2024 8:51:56 PM

If you depend on your letters to make an impression then you really don't have much going for you in the first place, especially if you give a rat's ass what alumnae and parents think, then you get what you deserve. They don't affect your school experience, your social life, your friend group. If you are a hot girl, if you are sweet, if you are fun, you will be well liked no matter your letters.

By: ^
by: Drop AlreadyFeb 14, 2024 9:38:19 PM

Then drop already. Then you can say you're not in any sorority and see how you are judged on that. Or you can say that you used to be in XYZ but dropped out, and be judged that way. Then you will have to find another excuse to blame for people not treating you according to your expectations.

If you are so worried about being judged by judgey people then you are exactly right, "there is no point in even being friendly and trying to talk to people."

By: Drop Already
by: .Feb 15, 2024 2:42:33 AM

I’d like to point out that we’re literally on a site where people do rank and rate sororities and say negative things about the members of some of them. People don’t do this blatantly in person it’s not a sitcom but if you think it doesn’t have an impact on how someone views people that just isn’t accurate

By: .
by: KFeb 17, 2024 9:45:00 AM

How horrible to feel like in a whole school you can only be friends with girls in your sorority bc the rest of the school won’t give you a chance

By: K
#5  by: oh please   

Have heard this same thing before but always from girls who have a chip on their shoulder and would have the same social issues without their sorority letters because they refuse to look at themselves and see the real reasons why they put people off. Blaming and making excuses is much easier than self-reflection, so the problem is their sorority, or the mean girls in the other sorority, or the guys in some fraternity, or everybody in greeklife, or the whole entire school.

By: oh please
by: WrongFeb 17, 2024 2:00:43 PM

This is what is horrible about this school how could you put it back on the girl. If in your first few days at a school every sorority except lower ones say they don’t want you that is just supposed to not be upsetting? There isn’t anything wrong with them they feel ostracized because they were it can be overcome but don’t invalidate or blame them. Not everyone knows how rush works or shows up to it at their best. The social system here is hard but you can find your people. Don’t listen to anyone who says the sorority you’re in doesn’t make it harder

By: Wrong
by: WTFFeb 17, 2024 7:33:07 PM

Ostracized? WTF. If you think your sorority membership has advertised you to be in some kind of social losers club then you deserve all the blame for it and you should GTFO. Turn in your pin that embarrasses you so much and take your "lower ones" attitude with you. You are the LOWER ONE and you make your house bad. That is a chip on your shoulder that your sisters don't need and you are exactly the pathetic weird person that people think you are.

By: WTF
by: .Feb 18, 2024 5:04:25 AM

If there is no stigma then why doesn’t adpi have mixers with other frats or sororities? If there is no stigma then why did aopi close? If there is no stigma then why are there a million articles online of other people who feel the same way? If there is no stigma then why did half my pledge class cry when they saw my sorority on their bid card? Why are there no group chats with frat invites to tailgates or parties? Why have I been introduced as she’s as XYZ but she’s cool? No one is saying you can’t make any friends if you’re in a lower tier one but there is a negative perception of you off the bat and for just sharing how it made me feel you called me a weird loser, these are the kind of people in Greek life at this school

By: .
by: ^Feb 19, 2024 8:11:49 PM

So drop. There, FTFY.

By: ^
#6  by: well    

I snore really bad and people count me out and don't want to be my roommate. What should I do?

By: well
#7  by: N   

I’m sorry you weren’t met with more compassion this school is cliquey and it can be hard socially. Don’t let people try to gaslight you otherwise. Lots of people do make friends here but if for whatever reason you aren’t loving it try somewhere else. If Tcu makes you feel this way then remember you can leave and find a more school you like. It doesn’t matter that other people are enjoying this school if you’re not. Find one you do! Tcu is one subculture and there are thousands of other colleges. But if for whatever reason you feel like you can’t or don’t want to leave then remember the main point of college is the degree and that eventually you will find your people

By: N

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.