facebook

recommendation forms/letters of support

by: PNM

Hi! I'm going to be a freshman at TCU next year and I was wondering if sororities look for letters of support in addition to the recommendation forms that people fill out for you? My friend that goes to OSU said that you should also ask the person who is writing you a rec to write a personal letter of support since most of the rec forms are just filling in blanks. I was just wondering if this is necessary at TCU? Thanks!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: tcu   

I had letters of rec for every house except a few and I only got cut from one house the first day - I didn't have an additional letter of support! So it wasn't make or break obviously but it would be interesting to hear if other girls did that/if other houses find it important!

By: tcu
by: Purple PlayMay 26, 2014 1:31:40 AM

With so m

By: Purple Play
#2  by: Answer   

I didn't have letters of support either and still got a good house. They can't hurt with so many going through rush but they aren't required.

By: Answer
by: InfoJul 6, 2014 3:46:18 PM

If you have the ability to get letters of support then by all means do. You wouldn't believe the weird stuff people do to help get a bid (suckers with a girls face freaked me out)! So many girls are going through recruitment that any reasonable edge is helpful. However, I did not have these and still ended up with a great house. You can only do so much and then you have to have faith that you will land where you belong.

By: Info
#3  by: Purple Play   

With so many girls rushing anything positive you can do for yourself you should absolutely do. However, these types of letters are not required and are no guarantee.

By: Purple Play
by: Girl May 27, 2014 5:38:24 PM

I would get them for houses where you know someone but do not panic about it if you don't.

By: Girl
by: BSNJun 30, 2014 10:55:31 PM

I would agree with girl ^^^.

By: BSN
by: Today's NewsJul 17, 2014 4:30:17 PM

They are not required but can be helpful. We will have less time to get to know you in person due to the high volume of recruits.

By: Today's News
#4  by: Lol   

Since the competitor is going to be through the roof I would get these if posdible. They are not required but more than ever before you will be judged on paper before people meet you just to sort through the 1000 plus applications.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.