facebook

Ok to talk about Learning differences?

by: LD&ME

I'm hoping and planning on going to TCU next year. I have a diagnosed learning difference. Is that something that is safe to talk about at TCU or do I keep hidden?

Posted By: LD&ME
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wait   

wait until you are accepted to the school then contact the Accomodations office and they can set you up for academic and housing accomodations. I also have something, only my closest friends know

By: wait
by: ?Nov 19, 2023 10:15:38 AM

What do you have?

By: ?
#2  by: <3   

Welcome to TCU. As a person with dyslexia myself, I want to give you props for being smart enough to know that LD is still one of those things that not everyone is nice about.There are people who have said my learning accommodations are "cheating." I really suggest waiting before coming out as LD. Ever thought there are a lot of us here at TCU, there is still a lot of prejudice.

By: <3
by: bratzdollJan 17, 2024 12:49:03 AM

That's not very Christian of them, sounds like they're wonderful reps of Jesus

By: bratzdoll
by: dependingJan 17, 2024 9:37:18 AM

It depends what your accommodations are. Some of these accommodations are just cheating.

By: depending
#3  by: yep   

TCU is known for lots of LD students. You'll be fine, but you don't need to tell anyone your business.

By: yep
#4  by: no   

You certainly don't need to talk about it during rush, if that's what you're asking.

By: no
by: I didJan 17, 2024 9:36:02 AM

I talked about having auditory processing disorder during recruitment and I got a top house

By: I did
#5  by: LOL   

most people here have some sort of provision or modification. That's what happens with rich mediocre people.

By: LOL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.