facebook

greek housing construction

by: New Year

Does anyone know for sure if the construction of new greek housing will begin in the 2014/2015 year?

Posted By: New Year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TCU    

It seems there are lots of rumors but TCU has not officially answered this question. If others know more please share.

By: TCU
#2  by: Home   

All that seems to be certain is that they will be filled according to seniority of time at TCU. So ADPi will get the first house and AOPi the last or Phi Mu if they come soon.

By: Home
by: Frog InfoMay 12, 2014 8:05:52 PM

This is exactly what I have heard as well.

By: Frog Info
by: ERateJun 14, 2014 10:42:36 AM

This is what I heard too. There is so much new construction going on and TCU is so landlocked there is no telling when this will happen. How some groups will have new houses and others still be living in the old Greek seems confusing too. Does anyone know where the new greek is going to be located?

By: ERate
#3  by: nope   

They aren't going to start construction yet because they have to build the parking garage where brachman is first, and also, people are living in the houses in the 2014/2015 school year.

By: nope
by: InfoJun 13, 2014 4:56:03 PM

Here is your answer about rebuilding the Greek

By: Info
#4  by: Humm   

Thanks for sharing this. It is good information to know.

By: Humm
#5  by: Grades   

It is unlikely to take place during the 2014/15 school year. They have the parking garage, basketball auditorium, library and nursing building all being built or renovated right now. If someone know more, please pass on any up to date information.

By: Grades
#6  by: Construction   

So most of what is on here is correct. If you want more details you can talk to Res Life but right now there honestly isn't a fixed time line.

Brachman was originally supposed to be torn this summer to build a parking garage. However, that project was put on hold because TCU was not able to loose the beds in both Colby and Brachman at the same time even with the new dorm 3. That means the parking garage cannot be started until Colby is reopened. Once the garage is built, they plan to tear down the sport offices there and close off the center parking-this is where the new houses will be!

Now the rest of this is what I have heard about the order of them being built. The houses in Beckham-Shelburne will be built first; Pi Phi, Chi O, Theta, DG. Once their houses are built they will move into the new houses and the fraternities will move in-I think Phi Kap, Fiji, Delt, SAE, (I can't really remember the frats that are in that are in Martin-Moore so forgive me if I am wrong.) Once they move out, the old frat house will be torn down to make more space. From there it goes: Moody houses built-AXO, KKG, Zeta, Tri Delt, Sororities move in, the frats of Tomilison move in Moody, and Tomilision gets demolished. Then all the other sorority houses will be built in order seniority followed by the frat houses. After that all remaining old houses will be torn down.

^So that is kinda confusing but it who knows if that'll even happen.

By: Construction

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.