facebook

ranking criteria

by: tcu

I never understand why people try to use grades as a justification for ranking someone top tier. While we all obviously are in school to get an education greek life is obviously way more than just grades. In my personal opinion it is way more important for a fraternity to be good socially and have strong brotherhood/sisterhood than it is for them to have a high gpa. I also understand that gpa is a measureable way to rank while social and brotherhood/sisterhood stuff is subjective. Interested to hear y'alls opinion on what you believe to be the best criteria to rank.

My rank in order of importance:
-Social
-Brotherhood/sisterhood
-Campus/community involvement
-grades

Posted By: tcu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hootie   

One shouldn't assume that because a sorority or fraternity has a high GPA that they aren't social. In fact, my favorite mixers and events have been with the high GPA frats. I laugh when I see the haters say these guys only care about grades because that's just not true. TCU has an awesome Greek system and ALL of the sororities and frats hold events and are social. There's nothing wrong with focusing on academics, community involvement AND being social. When you can balance all these aspects--now that's hot! And as for brotherhood or sisterhood that's going to be different based on every person's individual experience.

By: hootie
#2  by: saywhat?   

Grades are used as one way to rank because grades reflect a student's priorities. You are correct, we are in school to get an education. We can get an education and have fun, but in the end college is preparing you for life and that happens in the classroom and in activities you are involved in not at the parties you throw. Don't get me wrong everyone likes a great party, but if your priorities are in the order you listed them then you'll be jobless and those that cared about grades and activities first will have the last laugh.

By: saywhat?
by: srferApr 19, 2014 1:04:25 AM

word!

By: srfer
by: @saywhat?Apr 19, 2014 1:19:39 AM

One I have over a 3.5 so saying I'll be jobless and that my priorities are messed up is just wrong. It's my personal opinion that when ranking a fraternity it is more important to be social and have good brotherhood than to be the number 1 in grades.

By: @saywhat?
by: ^Apr 19, 2014 1:28:26 AM

Congrats good for you! Then you should be smart enough to know that you can be smart and social. It's not one or the other, it can be both.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.