facebook

pnm from ny: chances?

by: nyfreshman

I've heard rush at TCU starts in some Texas high schools?? I am from a very nice suburb of New York City and wondering if there are chapters that are more open to Northeast girls like me?

Posted By: nyfreshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: freshman   

I came into rush this year knowing no one and i ended up in a house that I absolutely love! As long as you are yourself things will fall into place! my chapter would never drop a girl because of where she is from, and i'm sure theres many others that are the same!

By: freshman
#2  by: Information Now   

Some schools to have connections. I didn't have any pre visit either and it worked out fine. Chi O and DDD are the worst at pre selecting but you have plenty of good choices.

By: Information Now
by: Frog14Mar 24, 2014 1:47:41 PM

A honest response. You will be fine. Other than one or two houses the chapters play by the rules and will meet you when you arrive. Chi O is known to pre visit and select. Kappa and Tri Delta are big on Texas girls but other houses will give you a fair shot. There are also exceptions even to these three.

By: Frog14
by: Frog Mar 30, 2014 6:16:48 PM

You will be fine with most chapters. There are lots of great houses to choose from.

By: Frog
by: FrogApr 17, 2014 6:08:56 PM

The vast majority of houses meet you during recruitment and are open minded about what state you are from. These are the groups you want anyway so do not worry about this.

By: Frog
#3  by: Tcu   

Chi O is the worst about this and DDD looks like they want to continue high school because most are from the same Texas ones. Over 50% of our students are from out of state. You will have a lot of good houses who will welcome you fairly. Welcome to Texas and TCU : )

By: Tcu
by: ...May 27, 2014 11:17:32 PM

It will be harder for you with XO, DDD and KKG. Even they have out of state members though. Most people enter recruitment with something that is a disadvantage. Maybe they are a first generation, do not have good grades, don't have the "look" some houses would want, are shy, aren't rich...yet they all find a home.

By: ...
by: ???May 30, 2014 7:35:30 PM

64% of the student body is Texan.

By: ???
#4  by: Xk   

All of them are open if your cool

By: Xk
#5  by: TCU    

I can't speak for all house but my house plays by the rules and meets you during recruitment and would never hold something as stupid as you state against you. People know the rare house or two that don't play fair and just don't waste your time getting invested in wanting a bid from them.

By: TCU
#6  by: Fan   

This is mainly a problem with Cgi Omega and Tri Delta. You will have lots of strong houses that would never preselect or hold your state against you. Defiantly do not let this hold you back. Welcome to Texas and get excited to meet your new sisters.

By: Fan
by: Frog FestJun 4, 2014 5:32:45 PM

True

By: Frog Fest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.