facebook

all sororites not present

by: MGCmember

Why isn't the sororities and the fraternities from the National Panhellenic council and the Multicultural Greek Council included? Just because they don't have houses? Is that all greek life is about? Hanging in your houses, getting drunk and laid? Whatever happened to building sisterhood and brotherhood? The true purpose of the Greek System?y I am a member of a non-IFC/Panhellenic sorority and the fact that my sorority wasn't on the list annoyed me. We do so much around campus. We do a ton of philanthropy things and organise a bunch of events. I strongly suggest that the rest of the sororities and Fraternities be added. There is a list of the ones that are missing.
1) Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
2)Omega Psi Phi Fraternity
3)Delta SIgma Theta Sorority
4)Zeta Phi Beta
5)Omega Delta Phi Fraternity
6)Sigma Lambda Alpha Sorority
7)Lambda Theta Alpha Sorority
8)Kappa Lambda Delta Sorority
9)Lambda Theta Phi Sorority
10)Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia

Posted By: MGCmember
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: true!   

You make such a great point. I'm so tired of seeing rankings for frats and sororities on here based on nothing of value. Truth is the people spending time ranking are the people in those frats/sororities trying to make themselves sound better or others sound worse. The rankings aren't genuine and are based on absolutely nothing!!! There's a place for everyone at TCU and the people here are doing great things (besides the haters on this sight hating on others.) Lot's of organizations are doing great things here at TCU to help the school, community, etc. Those of you preparing to rush, tune out the ridiculous chatter on this site, come to TCU with an open mind and get to know ALL of the great people here then decide where you fit. It's not high school and not a popularity contest any more thank goodness! That's what makes college so awesome (accept for the poor, sad, insecure individuals on this site who judge others in hopes to feel better about themselves.) Grow up PLEASE!!!!

By: true!
by: Truth Mar 22, 2014 11:00:39 AM

Love this comment! All groups are valid and you can find friendship and good times with them all.

By: Truth
#2  by: One of those   

is a music fraternity. I don't really see the point, it might as well be on a different website. IFC and NPC have very little in common with MGC, Pan-Hellenic, etc. The scale and entire opporating system is hugely different, those council's groups are actually included on this site if anyone requests them for the school, and since it's a Greek ranking and gossip site it really doesn't make much sense. This site is very much dominated by members from the IFC and NPC.

By: One of those
by: cantus firmusApr 24, 2014 7:36:33 AM

I am part of the "music fraternity" and I can tell you right now that the brotherhood I've experienced in phi mu alpha is much stronger and deeper rooted than the average person thinks. Yeah we're a music fraternity, but that doesn't mean that's all we do or all that matters, but instead is what brought us together. Unlike most ifc frarernities, we actually know every single person in our chapter on a deeper level than just knowing each others names. I am a proud Sinfonian.

By: cantus firmus
#3  by: Texan   

These groups are relevant and a great addition to campus but this site is greek rank and that is why people come on here. It isn't that these groups aren't valuable they need their own place for discussion.

By: Texan
by: truthMar 2, 2014 10:13:47 PM

Well said! But it isn't that you don't count because you do! Everyone has something to offer regardless of the organizations they're in!

By: truth
#4  by: TCU   

It bugs me so much that the few non-IFC or Panhellenic fraternities or sororities that are actually listed on this sure get comments like "not a fraternity here". IFC and Panhellenic members are in their own little bubble and don't realize that other those organizations actually do a lot that we don't know about. My sorority has been pushing us to connect better with these other groups and it's been so beneficial. The plus side of not being on this site is that you can avoid all the negative comments

By: TCU
by: FrogMar 1, 2014 7:44:28 PM

I agree with each part of this post. These groups do deserve more respect than they get but being on here isn't all positive as you can see by checking ranks.

By: Frog
by: Missing the pointMar 4, 2014 4:40:44 AM

Not to be politically incorrect, but if your organization was as active/involved as you claim, pretty sure there wouldn't be any confusion in the comments about whether or not your organization exists on campus.

By: Missing the point
#5  by: Xoxo   

Because we're the only ones who matter. No one knows or cares to know who you little niche groups are. Go be happy doing you.

By: Xoxo
by: lolMar 2, 2014 8:31:57 PM

So... Xoxo you're either making a pathetic attempt to be funny (which I truly hope you are) or you're simply the epitome of a shallow, pathetic loser who is trying to win a popularity contest by being part of a sorority. Meanwhile, you're making all sorority sisters look bad. We are not the only ones who matter! Everyone at TCU matters (sorority or not) other than self-absorbed individuals like you who don't matter at all. Get a life!

By: lol
by: LolMar 2, 2014 9:01:51 PM

I kind of agree though. They aren't on the same plane as us. They should be thankful they don't have to put up with the kind of competition we do. Why would anyone WANT to be added to this site?

By: Lol
#6  by: Yes   

These groups are very undervalued by the educated. Many of these groups are very valid and bring a lot of positives tonTCU.

By: Yes
#7  by: Frog   

Thank you for this post. These groups are not recognized as they should be.

by: LolMar 4, 2014 12:36:10 AM

You think being listed on this site is being recognized? Are you brain damaged?

By: Lol
#8  by: Yes!   

I am proud to be a member of both a greek and professional group. They both have added value to my time here. The professional groups do not get the respect they deserve but should be happy not to be listed on here. There is not much positive community spirit on these pages.

By: Yes!
by: TcuMar 24, 2014 12:04:43 AM

The page is called greek rank. Count your blessing people can't post negative things about you. Your potentials members will connect with you. Btw these groups do a lot and look great on a résumé. Highly recommend joining them too.

By: Tcu
by: 2May 26, 2014 10:33:30 PM

Thank you to yes! above for writing a response many of us would agree with. While the groups are completely different, I would not trade the experiences I have received from my involvement in both.

By: 2
#9  by: Frog   

Nothing against these groups but these aren't listed because this is GREEK rank...

by: 123Mar 30, 2014 10:27:43 PM

And those are GREEK organisations.

By: 123
by: SorryApr 24, 2014 3:20:15 PM

they might be "greek" but they aren't on the same playing field. Sorry

By: Sorry
#10  by: Frog14   

These groups are different but both add to your TCU experience. I am in both and think they both will look good on my future résumé. Honestly people are so immature on this site I would be glad the professional organizations aren't on here. I rarely look on here and am ashamed at the immature posts every time I do.

By: Frog14

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.