facebook

sophomore rushing

by: Nicki

Could you tell me about rushing in my sophomore year? What are your chances of getting in? I rushed last year and made it to day 5 and dropped at the last minute. What do you have to do to get in, I am from California and I don't get it? Any tips for Rushing this fall.
Thanks to all............... would appreciate honest answers

Posted By: Nicki
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Rush   

As you probably know, all houses have an upper class men quota so being a Sophmore doesn't rule you out. Hopefully you met and connected with girls this year which should help. My question for you is did you drop because you didn't get the house you think you want? If so, why would they want you the second time around and why would you want a group that rejected you? Best advise is to be willing to join a house that WANTS you. Friendship is the goal and letters won't matter if you don't have that.

By: Rush
by: GreekApr 4, 2014 2:47:05 PM

Too true

By: Greek
by: KnowledgeApr 17, 2014 5:12:20 PM

Amen

By: Knowledge
#2  by: tcu   

To be straight up..

you have to sell yourself during rush. As bad as that sounds, you need to come into a house with a positive bubbly attitude and have 10 conversation starters on the back of your mind to immediately go into if the conversation slows. The houses need to see that you are interested in them so SMILE, act interested in EVERY HOUSE (even if you hate it), and let your actions and expressions show the girls what kind of person you are. If you come into a house and have an expressionless look on your face or don't talk much, most likely we are gonna cut you because you don't seem interested at all.

By: tcu
by: Rush May 6, 2014 12:17:47 AM

By far the best way to approach things.

By: Rush
#3  by: True   

It should be easier because of quota and less competition. Go for it!

By: True
#4  by: so   

the houses that cut you before will cut you again so if you're open to the other houses, you may have a chance at greek life

By: so

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.