facebook

new house

by: Do You Know

Rumors are spreading that we are getting yet another soroity. If so, which one and when?

Posted By: Do You Know
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: I heard   

I heard Alpha Phi. They want to branch out because they've been dropped at a lot of other universities because of low numbers. They're hoping to get into more Texas schools.

By: I heard
by: DittoJan 4, 2014 8:08:58 PM

I have heard the same

By: Ditto
by: FtWJan 5, 2014 1:28:22 AM

Same here. Does anyone have more information about this?

By: FtW
by: tcuJan 5, 2014 10:32:56 PM

I heard that they were trying to start Phi Mu

By: tcu
by: Frog Mar 17, 2014 3:42:34 PM

Pretty sure it's official
Welcome Phi Mu

By: Frog
#2  by: Huh?   

Do we really need another group with AOPi just in their second year? They have gotten off to a good start but this seems like it could make things hard for these ladies to really become established.

By: Huh?
by: XoxoJan 7, 2014 2:12:51 AM

We need to support AOPi before bringing more competition.

By: Xoxo
#3  by: Frogger   

Who decides if this happens? Their were a lot of girls who didn't get bids last year so even though AOPi is new we may need another chapter.

By: Frogger
by: HuhJan 5, 2014 1:10:38 AM

AOPi has such sweet girls that we need to help them succeed before we bring more competition.

By: Huh
by: AJan 6, 2014 10:14:09 PM

Completely agree it seems too soon to add another group.

By: A
#4  by: To ^^^   

The reason so many girls didn't get bids last year wasn't because there weren't enough houses. It was probabaly because the girls that got cut from most houses had aopi, adpi, and one other house left on pref. they most likely didn't want either aopi or adpi so they suicided a house that ended up cutting them... Therefore they ended up with no bid. It's unfortunate, but I think adding houses actually increases the chances of girls getting cut completely.

By: To ^^^
by: Greek Jan 5, 2014 4:00:50 PM

This is unfortunately likely the truth. People need to be more open minded because AOPi has a lot of cool girls and they are already moving up in the ranks. If you chose to take nothing over them then they were the losers.

By: Greek
by: texasJan 5, 2014 6:06:29 PM

Its just that people get so caught up in the rankings that they don't give other houses a chance. AOPi is a great addition to our greek system. I went to their mixer and I met a lot of cool cute girls and they party hard too.

By: texas
#5  by: PM   

I heard it was Phi Mu. They are a very strong national chapter and would be a great addition. Our greek row is strong enough to grow.

By: PM
by: GirlsJan 5, 2014 11:18:35 PM

This is a strong national group and would be a wonderful addition

By: Girls
#6  by: Texas True   

There were a lot of girls that did not get bids you did not drop out so it sound like we could use another house

By: Texas True
by: Good newsJan 5, 2014 9:00:58 PM

Our greek row always improves when a new group joins.

By: Good news
#7  by: agree   

We need another house, many girls were cut completely that would have been glad to have a bid to a lower tier house

By: agree
by: Rank Jan 6, 2014 5:06:29 AM

Agree

By: Rank
by: LegsJan 6, 2014 10:13:30 AM

Every girl that wants to join a house deserves the opportunity and not everyone received a bid last year. Pi Mu is a wonderful organization and we would be lucky if they came sooner than later.

By: Legs
#8  by: tcu   

Phi Mu I heard is trying to start, but honestly, no one is sure when it will be founded...

By: tcu
#9  by: Purple Please   

This is exciting news! Bringing a new chapter brings new choices and helps strengthen or community. I think Phi Mu is the stronger of the two but either could be intersting.

By: Purple Please
by: FrogletJan 26, 2014 10:26:49 PM

Agree with this comment. I've heard good things about PM. They would be a good fit here.

By: Froglet
#10  by: froggzzzz   

Where are these rumors coming from that we're getting another sorority? Says who?

By: froggzzzz

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.