facebook

costs

by: Cant find the Answer

I will be attending TCU next fall and was wondering the average costs are per semester and if that cost was different if I were not to stay in the greek housing, thanks for the help!

Posted By: Cant find the Answer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Howdy   

Obviously tuition is the same and you have to purchase a meal plan either way. There is no real difference in cost whether you are in the commons or greek housing. Tuition just rose this semester idk exactly but it's around $23,000.00 a semester I think. Others may have exact figures.

By: Howdy
by: $$$Dec 21, 2013 10:50:42 PM

No way for cheap here

By: $$$
by: CodesDec 22, 2013 9:41:52 AM

I didn't know some of this and I go here

By: Codes
#2  by: Housing   

Greek housing is the cheapest on campus now that Colby and Brachman are being rebuilt next school year. However, since new houses are being built in the next few years the price will probably go up. Currently, with the cheapest meal plan and housing, it probably costs around $750 a month. This could be totally off but that was I remember. You can go to rhl.tcu.edu and check residence hall rates-you can google it and it come up on the first page.

Another thing to note is that depending on the group, housing is more competitive. Fraternities almost guarantee housing because of the low numbers but sorority houses are harder. Some require their exec to live in house which takes spots from other members.

By: Housing
by: Can't fianswerDec 20, 2013 12:28:20 AM

This is helpful-thanks

By: Can't fianswer
by: FratDec 20, 2013 3:18:34 PM

This sets you straight

By: Frat
by: NowDec 21, 2013 12:51:36 PM

Idk of any group that has you move in to greek housing immediately. The house is full with current members before rush. Otherwise, the second post is true.

By: Now
by: 2014Dec 27, 2013 12:55:31 PM

Best advise

By: 2014
by: T Jan 2, 2014 6:48:40 PM

Good information

By: T
#3  by: Frog legs   

The last answer is very accurate

By: Frog legs
#4  by: TCU   

TCU just raised tuition again starting next semester to about $23,000.00 per semester. Unlike most schools it doesn't matter how many hours you take it costs the same. As stated before, our greek housing is the cheapest option and you do have a chance to get a room in some frat housing. Idk about soroity.

By: TCU
by: NewsJan 4, 2014 12:34:37 PM

Good information--more than I found on their TCU site

By: News
by: NewbieJan 25, 2014 1:15:23 PM

Thanks for this post

By: Newbie
by: WordJan 26, 2014 2:48:45 PM

Good detailed answer

By: Word
#5  by: Totes   

You won't find better information on the actual TCU website

By: Totes
#6  by: $   

Lots of good advise for transfers are on this thread. TCU is expensive but well worth the cost to be part of a superior education and campus life.

By: $
#7  by: Yes   

You don't live in greek housing your first year. You may never live in greek housing because slots are limited. It is cheaper than most apartments, rentals in the area.

By: Yes
by: Tcu proudJan 6, 2014 10:07:36 AM

Good information

By: Tcu proud
#8  by: Student   

If cost is a big concern then this wouldn't be a good fit for you anyway but yeah greek housing is cheaper. Not that desirable housing to be honest.

By: Student
by: FrogsFeb 15, 2014 11:15:46 AM

True

By: Frogs
#9  by: Bravo    

Of course every chapter has dues and they all differ. There is a definite costs to going greek but it is so worth it if you can do it. Housing is optional so that should play too much of a part in your decision.

By: Bravo
#10  by: Home Sweet Home   

Not every greek person lives in greek housing. You don't live in greek housing as a freshman. Each chapters due are also different.

By: Home Sweet Home

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.