facebook

i have an arm full of tattoos which house will i get

by: Goo

So I have several tattoos and I’m going to rush as a freshman in the fall, how will certain houses react to me? My tattoos are very visible

Posted By: Goo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mutt   

Tri Delt will drop u the first day

By: Mutt
by: yeah butMar 27, 2019 12:10:39 PM

They aren't the only ones. Let's be honest.

By: yeah but
by: maryMar 28, 2019 2:35:44 AM

I love tcu but i wish this school had more socially accepting people. tattoos shouldn’t be criticized.

By: mary
by: ^ @MaryMar 28, 2019 9:54:22 AM

If a person gets tattoos , then they want people to react. Some reactions will be positive and some will be negative. I think the OP is getting exactly what she wants when people talk about her on this thread.

By: ^ @Mary
by: TatianaMar 28, 2019 2:54:48 PM

I highly doubt that the OP wants the attention or the reaction her post got, but that’s just your opinion...

But how about we just answer her question finally? All these posts we have discussed and argued about tattoos themselves, people judging them, forehead tattoos, and what houses will NOT take her, but the main question was never answered.

SK might be able to look past the tattoos as I do seem them to be a more diverse and creative group.
DG & Pi-Phi could definitely consider her if they find many other things past her tattoo where they could connect with her.
G Phi might think the tattoos are cool and could actually want her immediately.

These are just some in my opinion

@OP Still keep an open mind for the other houses though and hopefully they will keep an open mind about you. Good luck with rush!

By: Tatiana
by: ya knowMar 28, 2019 4:48:56 PM

The reality, for better or for worse, is that TCU is a conservative school. This isn't Texas State or UT or University of Oregon. You are going to get a more conservative crowd here.

By: ya know
by: ^Mar 28, 2019 7:38:15 PM

I'm guessing OP is LOVING this attention. The worst thing you can do to any tattood person is act like you don't see their tattoos.

By: ^
by: @^Apr 1, 2019 1:04:54 AM

I don't see DG. Pi Phi, or G Phi even going for a pnm with a full arm of tattoos. None of the girls in those houses look like that for real

By: @^
#2  by: TriDeltForeHeadTattooGirl   

I have a forehead tattoo and I’m In tridelt

By: TriDeltForeHeadTattooGirl
by: ZetaForeHeadTattooGirlMar 25, 2019 12:45:47 AM

I have a Zeta forehead tattoo.

By: ZetaForeHeadTattooGirl
by: that girlMar 27, 2019 7:18:16 PM

every single sorority has at least one or two girls with their sorority tattood onto their forehead. It's not a big deal. Don't be all judgie.

By: that girl
by: meApr 16, 2019 9:43:14 AM

I have TriDElt tattooed on my forehead but I'm not a TriDelt. Do you think the other sororities will take me?

By: me
#3  by: honestly    

There will be some girls that drop you the first day and some that will think its cool. It can depend on who you talk to in the houses too. Generally, Tri Delta, Zeta, DG, Pi Phi, Kappa, and Chi O might be ones who drop you because of it. But that leaves 7 other houses and all are still great. Now these houses I have stated may not drop you at all. Again, the girls who you talk to might think they are really cool, or score based on the conversation and you will be fine. No matter what, if a house drops you because of that, you probably wouldnt want to be there anyways

By: honestly
by: ^Mar 25, 2019 5:23:55 PM

I'm not in the sororities you mentioned, and I can say that an armful of tattoos would make me think twice about a person, and not in a good way. Having a bunch of tattoos shows immaturity in my opinion, and there is really nothing cool or edgy about it. It's just way overdone, and very 2011ish. Plus everyone knows that there is a strong connections between BPD and lots of tattoos. There is nothing wrong with having BPD, but it is a lot of work and drama.

by: TatianaMar 26, 2019 12:46:02 PM

You’re probably a Theta then. Only a Theta girl would be so closed minded and judgmental about tattoos. Everyone knows that TCU Theta girls are fake and act like they care about other people’s differences by taking on a bunch of leadership activities, but really they are trying to build their image.

See how dumb that sounds?^

I automatically assumed you to be a Theta just because you have a shallow opinion on tattoos, but that’s the same thing you did by immediately connecting tattoos to BPD. You’re in a sorority for god’s sake, I’m sure you’re surrounded by girls with BPD, anxiety, eating disorders, and all sorts of problems that come with “work and drama” and a lot of those problems are fueled by sororities because the pressure they put on girls and making them feel the need to be accepted because there are girls like you who criticize appearances. This is why not everyone can fit into TCU because of privileged kids whom don’t look past the traditional values that they grew up with. I’ve known amazing people who chose to put tattoos on their body, luckily, they don’t end up in house or environment where people like you are anyways. Thank god for them.

By: Tatiana
by: @TatianaMar 27, 2019 12:13:41 PM

Don't want to be judged for an armful of tattoos? Then don't get an armful of tattoos. The End.

By: @Tatiana
by: maryMar 28, 2019 6:20:03 AM

@Tatiana imo thetas really are fake mean girls. I know that u were trying to make an analogy by what u said but i also would immediately think that a girl who would judge someone for their tattoos would be a theta just given how majority of them have treated me and my friends. they will judge a girl for a whole lot more than just tattoos.

By: mary
by: lolMar 28, 2019 8:21:30 AM

@Tatiana I re-read it again and I guess I understand your analogy a little bit better? Sometimes my half of a brain can be a little slow! Sorry for jumping to conclusions a little bit, but still it’s a little unclear. But I apologize for calling your point dumb, that was slightly hypocritical of me :-)

By: lol
by: ThetaForeheadTatMar 28, 2019 10:46:59 AM

^^Pretty sure Theta had the most forehead tats this year out of all the PCs they’re pretty lit

By: ThetaForeheadTat
by: FYIApr 15, 2019 12:17:01 AM

There is a direct corralation between tattoos and Borderline Personality. It is what it is.

By: FYI
#4  by: ya know.    

If your parents didn't love you enough to stop you from getting an armful of tattoos, getting into a particular sorority is the least of your problems.

By: ya know.
by: I agreeApr 1, 2019 9:36:25 AM

I agree. Your parents are there to protect you, and if they can't protect you from looking like an immature fool, then they didn't do their job.

By: I agree
#5  by: ?   

Can't you just cover them up? Seriously.

By: ?
by: ummmMar 28, 2019 6:24:43 AM

She has an ARMFUL even if she does cover them up for rush she can’t always keep them covered but whichever house she gets, her sisters will have to see them eventually. I don’t think anyone with so many tattoos on their arm would even want or try to hide them.

By: ummm
by: @ummmmMar 28, 2019 9:52:20 AM

If she has an ARMFUL of tattoos then getting a job is going to be difficult. She shouldn't be worrying about getting into a sorority.

By: @ummmm
by: lexiMar 29, 2019 11:17:09 PM

there are people with masters who have trouble finding jobs and we are not even talking about OP having trouble finding jobs so ur point is irrelevant. OP could find a job with all those tattoos on her arm if she finds an employer who is more accepting and most likely didnt go to tcu

By: lexi
by: @lexiApr 2, 2019 12:46:01 AM

The only people who have a masters degree who can't find jobs are communications majors and theater arts majors. Everybody else finds a job just fine.

By: @lexi
by: gtfoApr 2, 2019 2:16:25 PM

Uhhh what world do you live in?^

By: gtfo
#6  by: Truth   

If you have many you will get cut from majority of houses. Houses pick girls who have similar interests, personalities etc those that think will be a good fit.
Having a small tattoo is one thing, a bunch is something else.
That being said, I think your post is bs.
Still in high school and already have a bunch of tattoos?
Sure...\n\n\n\n\n

By: Truth
by: Dummy u areMar 31, 2019 8:55:48 PM

I know people who had tattoos since middle school of course it is all done unsafely but it is possible so ur wrong

By: Dummy u are
by: @DummyyouareApr 2, 2019 9:58:08 AM

if someone has a bunch of tattoos since middle school, their parents need to be called into CPS.

By: @Dummyyouare
#7  by: negativity    

tcu was on the list on “most conservative schools”. @op if u come here not everyone will be accepting you. like maybe if u were to post about ur tattoos on another school’s page, u wouldn’t have gotten the same responses u got here. UT or tech or okstate would be more accepting. Anywhere u go, there will be ppl who will judge u for ur tattoos but at tcu, it is guaranteed like look how people reacted here. Just know what ur getting into. tcu has been publicly criticized for its lack of diversity. tattoos are a long way for them

By: negativity
by: ^Apr 1, 2019 12:05:51 AM

Yep. This isn't Oberlin or Reed. It is what it is.

by: gtfoApr 2, 2019 2:20:14 PM

I’m sure a lot of people at TCU don’t have tattoos because their parents have raised them to have beliefs where tattoos are not appropriate OR they want tattoos but won’t get them because they are afraid of their parents no longer talking to them and cutting them off from their family, hearts, trust funds, and no longer paying for their tuition.

By: gtfo
#8  by: 123   

With a small tattoo that’s not visible all houses besides theta, Chi O and Gphi will take you (those are the really Christian ones. If you have a lot of visible ones the only houses that will take you are ADPi and AOPi. Sorry.

By: 123
by: wellApr 1, 2019 7:06:37 PM

If it's not visible then nobody will know.

By: well
by: sortaApr 2, 2019 5:36:21 PM

kinda agree about the very visible tats, but many girls (including the first 3 houses mentioned) have small meaningful tats (like crosses or bible verses or stuff like that). Girls with smal tats that aren’t visible from like 5 ft away will do fine in rush. It’s the ones with huge sleeves or leg tats that might struggle (it’s a conservative school so things like that aren’t the norm here)

By: sorta
#9  by: Y   

When the houses during rush talk to you, they will be nice just cause they have to and whatever.
But when they discuss about inviting you back to for the next round, they will immediately refer to you as, “the girl with the tattoos”.
Whichever house you get, they won’t put you on their Instagram pages because they don’t want that kind of representation.
If you are a great girl, it would hurt my heart for you to get dropped by so many houses and end up in a house that maybe isn’t the best for you because girls wouldn’t give you a chance for your tattoos. Try another school.
When it comes to social acceptance, TCU has a looooooong way to go. Most people in the state of Texas frowns upon TCU
Maybe you can come to TCU and make the difference the school needs. It will be hard tho

By: Y
#10  by: BS   

I call BS
Senior in high school & already has a sleeve? And wants to rush?
Can’t believe you all engaged this troll.

By: BS
by: Ok but… Apr 18, 2019 11:12:04 PM

isn’t that what ur doing now?^
maybe it was just my high school but plenty kids so many tattoos

By: Ok but…
by: @ok butApr 19, 2019 10:23:04 PM

Are you the troll?
Sleeve of tattoos in hs & wants to rush a sorority? Not happening.
Don’t you have prom coming up or something?

By: @ok but

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.