facebook

the truth about the top tier sororities

by: TCU Freshman

I am an incoming freshman for the class of 2017 and I saw that Chi Omega and Pi Phis seem to be the most popular. Could you go wrong with either? Or is that all totally wrong? What if you are a smart girl that is really social who wants to go out and party while still having a strong sisterhood? Advice? Honest truth!

Posted By: TCU Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Go   

where you fit in, don't worry about a popularity contest or you might be miserable.

By: Go
by: FrogJan 25, 2013 4:29:54 AM

^word!

By: Frog
#2  by: thedream   

Agree with ^ don't try to force in top tiers, just go where you fit in. They're all respectful pretty much except adpi which gets made fun of. Good luck

By: thedream
#3  by: idk   

def tri delt or chi o not pi phi

By: idk
by: sloootsJan 15, 2013 2:13:32 AM

i understand tri delt. stay clear of chi o. chi o is about 10% good 90% bad. and thats being generous

By: slooots
#4  by: Advice   

Don't fit yourself to a sorority based on what you hear. You need to go into rush with a blank slate. It's best to go in, not knowing much about the sororities. I didn't even know any of the names at first, and I ended up in the right place.

By: Advice
#5  by: Sorority   

Chi o is known for being smarter than pi phi but pi phi is known for being prettier than chi o. Have a lot of the same friends and are pretty similar and popular during rush

By: Sorority
by: FrogJan 25, 2013 4:29:01 AM

Please.... "Being known for", true, but in reality, false. Smart pretty girls in both, not so smart not so pretty in both as well. Same as for every sorority! Rush then go with where you feel you'll fit in, that is all that matters. Don't get caught up in anything you hear about each house, EVERY sorority consist of EVERY type of girl, it's just where you click.

By: Frog
#6  by: So Wrong   

Seriously do you really think you have a choice in what sorority you end up in? Everyone thinks they are top tier material. You'll get a bid to where you really fit in so relax. PNMs aren't in control of where they end up, the sororities are. "Mutual Selection" is a myth when it comes to the stronger chapters.

By: So Wrong
by: i agreeFeb 15, 2013 5:49:27 PM

SOOO true, but don't count any house out... Honestly, there is only one that I wouldn't take a bid from

By: i agree
#7  by: To advise   

There is no "top" house. Everyone thinks their house is top. If you go by rumors only you could end up miserable if you end up in a "top" house and it doesn't fit you. Be open to every house and you will end up where you belong. Typically the hardest party houses are considered Kappa, Zeta and Pi Phi. The houses with the highest GPA are ChiO, Theta and Gamma Phi. The biggest houses are ChiO, Zeta and Gamma Phi. If you don't click with the girls, none of that matters.

By: To advise
#8  by: NtheNo   

Of all the questions on here, this one has given the most helpful answers. Go into each house with an open mind. Every house every type of girl. All rating are personal bias!

By: NtheNo
#9  by: 4 Real   

If you go into rush without any preconceived ideas about who is best you will be much better off. Best house is where you click and are wanted. You can't force your way in to any of them.

By: 4 Real
#10  by: perspective   

Not sure what you are reading --- but chio and piphis are somewhat different and not the most popular on campus....generally it is consider
there are the big 6-- ZTA, chio, kappa, theta, tridelt, phipi, and then there axo,gamma phi, sk, adpi, aopi. All have something to offer, really hard to measure what is the best. Really need to go thru rush meet the girls which should give you a feel for what you like, Try not to go in with any pre-conceived ideas...everyone has their own opinion for the own reasons. Look at what the group is about, how the ladies act towards you and go with the feeling you get. You will be happiest if you look at all of them equally.

By: perspective

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.