facebook

fall rush

by: Caroline

I am attending TCU in the fall. I am so excited about Rush. I am 18 and will graduate in May, but I will have almost 40 college hours because of dual credit courses. The university considers me an incoming freshman. Will the soroities also consider me that way too? I know it is harder for sophmores to Rush and I don't want my college hours to count against me. I am in no hurry to graduate from college. I will probably take the usual four...just not have to take so many classes my first year. Any thoughts on this? I know lots of girls have probably been in this same situation.

Posted By: Caroline
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

yeah you'll definitely still be considered as a freshman because you're a first year student at TCU. the hours don't really play a part during rush, no worries.

By: ...
#2  by: grades   

I'm surprised TCU isn't considering you as a freshmen with sophomore hours! One of my friends came in with 30+ hours and was considered a sophomore with the school but not in recruitment. if you are class of 2017 then the sororities will have that information.

By: grades
by: AJan 6, 2014 10:33:10 PM

I agree on both parts of this comment. I came in with a lot of hours and after my first semester was considered a Sophomore by the school-parking etc. but during recruitment was considered a freshman.

By: A
#3  by: new girl   

sororities will count you as a freshman. but just to clarify, its not harder to rush as a sophomore. its actually easier because fewer sophomores rush. most sororities dont hit their sophomore limit.

By: new girl
by: Home Sweet HomeFeb 10, 2014 1:26:35 PM

Yes, you will be considered a freshman for recruitment. Lots of people come here with many hours from HS

By: Home Sweet Home
by: Today14Feb 12, 2014 9:03:07 AM

The hours you

By: Today14
by: YesFeb 15, 2014 1:10:43 AM

This won't work against you because for recruitment you will still be a freshman.

By: Yes
#4  by: GPA   

This is pretty common here. You will qualify for Sophomore parking but that's about it. You are a freshman for recruitment and housing purposes.

By: GPA

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.