Is a new chapter moving/moved in?

Posted By: Scarlet n' Cream
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Rumors   

I've heard talks that PIKE wants to/has bid on it

By: Rumors
by: GoodLuckJul 25, 2014 6:19:19 PM

PIKE is notorious for going after fraternity houses after a chapter restarts or closes. They continually fail because they don't understand the kind of money needed to take away a house from a chapter. TKE has tried doing the same thing but both these groups continually fail and remain slightly more than an RSO. I'm not trying to rip these two apart but thinking one chapter can simply swoop in and buyout a house is definitely not easy. Pike may be able to rent the place from Sigma Nu for awhile but long term, I highly doubt Pike gets the place outright.

By: GoodLuck
#2  by: doubtit   

Maybe but it needs a massive renovation. The inside is totally unlivable, Pike would need to gut the whole house and renovate which is probably at least $2-3 million. The only houses that went through massive renovation lately has been Beta, and Sigma Chi and both were above $2million

By: doubtit
#3  by: UNLGirl   

I've heard from a few PIKE guys that getting the Sig Nu is a real possibility but because they have only been rechartered for 15 years on campus they are slightly lacking in alumni funds.

By: UNLGirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.