facebook

Most diverse top sorority?

by: Freshman

Incoming freshman here, I’m a “rich” international (Canada) poc looking to rush in the fall. Which sororities are mot accepting/diverse? Would hate to experience racism.

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorry babes   

Only mid and bottom sororities are diverse like chiO, adpi, etc.

By: sorry babes
#2  by: Maybe   

From what I’ve seen, aphis pc this year is somewhat diverse, tridelt rushed a few coloured girls too. Just avoid theta, they’re really international but the loaded white kind. Yeah it’s sad that the mid lower tier srats are the more diverse, what what can you do. Tbh I think if you really consider yourself rich, you’d have a shot at every house?? Just my opinion.

By: Maybe
by: a few whatJul 28, 2020 8:04:33 AM

tridelt rushed a few what girls????

By: a few what
by: excuse meJul 28, 2020 12:02:21 PM

a few COLOURED GIRLS???????? literally wtf

By: excuse me
by: QuestionAug 1, 2020 3:54:58 PM

"Coloured"
oh the irony

By: Question
#3  by: Hint hint    

When trying to find parties and friends, avoid girls who flock to overwhelmingly white organizations like Phi Delt, As, Castle, etc. They are the ones that reinforce old notions of whiteness equaling Americanness and eliteness.

By: Hint hint
by: Freshman Jul 2, 2020 2:00:08 AM

Noted! What frats should I go to then?

By: Freshman
by: You seeJul 2, 2020 10:05:30 AM

@Freshman yes avoid those frats. Honestly they’re not even worth getting to know because they’re so evil. Go to frats like elmos, Kappa alpha society, and Pike. Those r the only fun frats anyways :)

By: You see
by: insiderJul 2, 2020 11:36:51 AM

Alpha Sig and crows are the places to hit up

By: insider
by: MJul 2, 2020 11:38:53 AM

Yeah these frats are not evil but they are very ignorant. It’s not “fun” if you don’t see anyone at an event that is a shade darker than white. Because this is Penn and there should be no excuse as to why there couldn’t be more POC at any event apart from racial exclusivity.

By: M
#4  by: Srats   

Oax and chi o are the only sororities that are even close to being racially diverse

By: Srats
#5  by: Quakes   

Tabard is extremely international and thus fairly racially diverse, but they are also extremely, extremely wealthy. They are very under the radar, however. From what I've seen they have girls from different races but their resounding wealth is what unifies all the girls in Tabard

By: Quakes
by: Freshman Jul 7, 2020 12:55:29 AM

@Quakes my mom makes seven figures, does that “qualify” me haha? Genuine question though. Like I never see anything on here or social media about Tabard, and am very curious to what they do and who they associate with.

by: YesJul 7, 2020 9:15:54 AM

@Freshman Seven figures a year would definitley qualify you for tabard. Now all u have to do is show them that ur spending that money

By: Yes
by: QuakesJul 7, 2020 9:30:17 PM

@Freshman Sure it qualifies you, but these are hands down the wealthiest, sceniest girls at Penn. The majority of people at Penn are well off, but these girls blow it out of the park with their wealth. The reason you don't see them on social media is because that's how they like things: lowkey. They only bid girls that know others in Tabard before they even come to Penn because they seek well-connected girls from big cities like NYC and LA and abroad. They're basically the "anti-sorority" for girls who don't want the typical label of being in a sorority. Probably the chillest girls at Penn, associate with top frats, etc. You just haven't heard of them because they probably don't want you to have heard of them.

by: FreshmanJul 8, 2020 12:31:30 AM

@Quakes I’m from Toronto, I don’t know if that’s significant enough though. I’d say I have good connections to “social hierarchy”, but definitely don’t know any penn kids beforehand. I heard they tap you near the beginning of the year if you’re “chosen”, is that true?

#6  by: good sir    

@Freshman all the people i knew who actively tried to be in tabard- let alone this far in advance - didn't end up in tabard I'll start with that. second, if you really want a go, befriend girls currently in it asap in the fall and the girls that are seen as their top rushes. Being associated with certain people will get you far enough into the rush process for them to start getting to know you personally

By: good sir
by: QuakesJul 8, 2020 1:23:54 AM

Yeah, pretty much this. There is a reason Tabard taps certain girls and doesn't invite the whole freshman class. Wait until you get to Penn to see if you vibe with Tabard's scene

#7  by: quakers   

Sigma Kappa, Chi O, and OAX are the most diverse sororities!!

By: quakers
by: mnmJul 8, 2020 2:17:55 PM

objectively yes.... id say OAX and Chi O are the only ones with an appreciable social life, and OAX is the only one considered top or upper mid

By: mnm
#8  by: well   

I'm a guy but my perception is that oax is probably the most genuinely diverse (doesn't tokenize like others do, etc) that is also considered top/well desired. Some others are probably diverse but I would say oax is the most relevant and diverse mutually

By: well
by: Mbk Jul 28, 2020 9:32:04 AM

Race doesn’t matter in mixers or date nights once you pledge and join a house. But race matters a lot to actually get in. Once your in, everyone is cool and fine with all colors and creeds.

By: Mbk
by: wellJul 29, 2020 12:32:00 PM

@freshman sadly the truth is there isn't a lot of good info period on any organizations on the internet. Nothing that you will read on the internet can substitute what you will learn from being on campus and meeting people in the orgs (or people who are very familiar with them). imo oax is cool and a bit frattier than the other sororities, and for most girls in it, that's their favorite part of it, but unfortunately you'll just have to wait and meet people to make your own opinions like that. Try not to worry too much, you'll find what you need to find with time

By: well
#9  by: Haha   

I think what’s going to hurt you more is that your Canadian more than anything. Canadian and American culture doesn’t mix. Y’all are too much like your Trudeau guy.

By: Haha
by: WhatAug 4, 2020 3:33:41 AM

Wait fr ? I thought culturally Canada is the closest to the US compared to other int countries

By: What
by: YeahAug 4, 2020 11:34:12 AM

It is, I think he’s just throwing shade at Trudeau. Canada is closest for sure but doesn’t mean you will have an easy time assimilating to American culture and values. We have some fundamental differences.

By: Yeah
by: YeahAug 4, 2020 11:36:11 AM

In general, Americans do not perceive Canada as a place of wealth, innovation or liberty. This is obviously wrong but perceptions still endure.

By: Yeah
by: ActuallyAug 12, 2020 12:38:49 PM

Rich Canadians are often in top houses. Just not always obvious since they don't have intense accents and Canadians are generally chill people, you may not even know they're Canadian. Trudeau's sister was in OAX about 10 years ago when it was still AXO.

By: Actually
by: yaAug 12, 2020 1:20:10 PM

Yes Trudeau's younger sister did go to Penn, true, good point

By: ya

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.