facebook

bottom tier

by: 2019

Is joining a bottom tier house really bad? Are you looked down on by the upper tier sororities?

Posted By: 2019
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: isu   

Answer please

By: isu
by: 2018Dec 15, 2014 9:01:32 PM

sometimes I think I would have been happier in a lower tier house. join a house based off of where you are comfortable. I know people say that a lot but it really is true. I know so many girls in "bottom" houses that are in love with their sororities. The "tiers" make no difference as long as you are happy. You probably won't be happy if you only pref "top" houses and end up missing out on a great experience.

By: 2018
by: 2019Dec 16, 2014 9:02:10 PM

Do the upper tiers not have a strong sisterhood?

By: 2019
by: 2018Dec 21, 2014 9:57:11 PM

I would never look down on a "lower tier" sorority. If anything I envy them sometimes because I don't feel very comfortable with sorority even after one semester, so I don't get too involved with it. That doesn't mean we don't have a strong sisterhood though. Join the house where you feel most comfortable and at home and you will feel like you are a part of the sisterhood.

By: 2018
#2  by: casual sorority girl    

I ended up joining a middle tier house, and my rections through rush week as I slowly got narrowed into choosing middle/lower tier houses became saddening, and I began to think I wasn't good enough for a top tier house, and I secretly wanted to be in a top house, because who doesn't love being popular and secretly crave it. I'm not weird or anything either haha. But I'm so glad I ended up in my middle-ranking house, as I can be myself, the other girls are all in the same situation as me, no one is too extremely weird, and I never have to pretend to fit in. Plus, it's college. You'll make friends with girls in your rush group that end up in all of the houses, and your house doesn't define who you are. If you actually get to know people, they won't judge you by your letters, that's true for every single house.

By: casual sorority girl
#3  by: Ok   

I'm in a lower tier house and honestly I sometimes hear really bad things about upper tier houses. I hear things like cattiness and girls that are really mean to each other. I would HATE that! I feel so welcomed in my house and I wouldn't want it any other way. And as a side note, I preffed this house over some that were top tiers. It felt like home.

By: Ok

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.