facebook

small house reputations

by: smallhouse

Wondering what the small house fraternity reputations are, I know most of the big house ones, honestly I don't want to be in one of them. Personally through friends I know people who don't know every brother's name in their fraternity in one's like Pike and SAE.

Just wondering what you guys feel about the smaller houses that don't always get as much notice

Posted By: smallhouse
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: cy   

Usually small houses aren't as well known because of them having less than 50 members at a time. Thumpers, ATO, and Sigma Chi are decent choices. Along with some Kappa Sigs (but a minor few), ACACIA, and Theta Chi. Avoid Phi Kapps (don't confuse them with PIKE or Pi Kapps) and despite what Triangle themselves have put all over this website, they are NOT good. Just a rule of thumb, if you want a good Greek experience, choose one with a house.

By: cy
by: ISU GreekJun 12, 2014 11:12:31 PM

It's hard to state a small houses "reputation" because they typically don't have one. Their members are not very well known in the greek community. I would definitely disagree with cy who posted above because I dont think ATO and Sigma Chi are not solid choices. Those houses are not well respected. I think Theta Chi, Theta Delta Chi, Alpha Sigma Phi, and Phi Kappa Theta are good choices.

By: ISU Greek
#2  by: Ummm   

Definitely not phi kappa theta

By: Ummm
#3  by: Sam   

Whoever posted this is stupid. Large house guys know every one's name and each other. Especially in Sig Ep, SAE and Delts.

By: Sam
#4  by: GW   

I would agree with Sam. Sig Ep, SAE, and Delts all are known for having some of the best brotherhood on campus. Other big houses like AGR and Farmhouse also do as well. I would argue that those 5 have better brotherhood than any small house on campus

By: GW
#5  by: ISU Bro   

By the end of the first week of school, The big houses know everyone by name. I don't know where people come up with the thought that we don't know each other's names...

By: ISU Bro

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.