facebook

which house?

by: New guy

I'm going to be a freshman next year and my older sister who went to Iowa State back in 2005 told me Sigma Pi, SAE and PIKE were the houses I needed to check out. Are they still on top and which one is best?

Posted By: New guy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: fratlife   

SAE is rebuilding and kinda disappeared, sigma pi is kinda dirty , pike is still pretty big, they focus on partying however. Try checking out other houses and find where you truly fit all of Iowa state greek life is great!

By: fratlife
#2  by: FinJ   

No to Sigma Pi. Don't hear much of anything about them anymore. And if you do, it's not good. Pike has awesome parties but their house is dirty as hell and really only focus on having a lot of guys and partying. They still are able to manage to get great grades though. People tend to make things up about SAE because there national image and past history. They aren't too bad and have made a lot improvements. Really surprised that they had as good of grades as they did. They are rebuilding and should continue to improve. However they are dry and still have a lot of work to do. Pike and SAE are still top 5 houses on campus so they would be good choices. I think the top house is Sig Ep. I would also look at Phi Delts and Beta. Beta is similar to SAE, they are up and coming and should be interesting to see what they can do

By: FinJ
#3  by: gogreek   

Sigma Pi has gone way downhill recently, they couldnt even participate in Greek Week this year.
SAE is going through a rebuilding so they are pretty up in the air right now
PIKE is always a fun house, but like others have said theyre pretty party focused and the house is kind of a pit.
I would check out some other houses online and find one you think fits you best rather than listening to your older sister.
Good luck!

By: gogreek
#4  by: Roger Dorn   

FarmHouse is one of the top houses as far as grades and winning events go. The house is about half Ag-guys but if you're cool with that I'd check them out

By: Roger Dorn

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.