facebook

gpa

by: Anonymous

So I am really wanting to join a sorority in the fall but my GPA is at a 2.99. Will that get me a bid from the house I want, or even a bid in general?

Posted By: Anonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Probably   

A lot of the sororities require at least a 3.0, especially the top houses. There's always the one girl who says she got into a top house with a GPA below 3.0 but they're the rare exception not the rule.

I know it's confusing because you'll look online and see that a certain sorority only requires like a 2.5 or whatever but the chapters are allowed to set higher standards.

By: Probably
by: ProbablyApr 4, 2017 8:46:05 PM

Forgot to finish my message: you have a good chance of getting a bid just not to one of the top houses. When you go through recruitment keep an open mind to the houses that you're invited back to! Don't set your heart on just one house before you go through because it usually will break your heart (this happened to me).

By: Probably
#2  by: You need the 3   

Top house member here: we do take a small number of women that don't meet the 3.0 rule. When I say small I mean its maybe no more than 4. I expect we'll be taking less going forward due to the addition of delta gamma. Smaller pledge classes=Less room for those don't meet the requirements.

By: You need the 3

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.