facebook

gpa for sorority recruitment 2016

by: Newbie

I recently was accepted at Ole Miss. I have a GPA of 3.25. I heard that some sororities were cutting based on GPA. Is mine to low based on how competitive rush is at Ole Miss?

Posted By: Newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yep   

Too low for some. I know Kappa is 3.35 or better

By: Yep
by: @YepOct 18, 2015 10:46:53 AM

LOL yes Kappa's are the pride and joy of academics at Ole Miss.

By: @Yep
by: RebOct 18, 2015 4:25:59 PM

I think she was stating for the sake of showing the most recent grade requirement increases

By: Reb
#2  by: ?   

Weighted or unweighted?

By: ?
by: CutoffsOct 18, 2015 3:13:54 PM

Unweighted

By: Cutoffs
#3  by: GPA   

If anything your GPA is to high! Ole Miss has an acceptance rate of 81%, which pretty much much says they take anyone.
If I had to guess, sororities go for looks over grades.

By: GPA
#4  by: ^^^   

Not true, Girls got cut from top and middle houses that had below a 3.4. Try to work hard and get your GPA up . Dual classes bring your GPA up a lot.

By: ^^^
#5  by: Honestly   

That GPA is too low. I had a 3.1 during rush and got heavy cuts. I still managed to get into a top house but that's only because of my very strong connections. Don't count on connections to carry you through with your GPA because another house that I thought I had a gaurented bid to, cut me because of my GPA. I suggest working on improving your GPA and if you do come here, plan on a not so good house unless you're exceptional.

By: Honestly
by: SpellingOct 20, 2015 1:11:40 PM

Do they take spelling into consideration? What is gaurented?!! Maybe if you are in state they let that slide!

Get some rec forms together, cute outfits, nails and make up polished and your GPA won't matter. It's looks over brains at Ole Miss.

By: Spelling
#6  by: newbie   

Thanks everyone! I wish the houses would post their GPA requirements. Can anyone comment on what their houses GPA's were for this year? Why does Panhellenic say a 3.0?

By: newbie
by: BecauseOct 20, 2015 5:23:38 PM

Panhellenic gives you the average gpa requirement. These vary depending on the sorority!

My sorority requires girls to have a 3.25, but legacies only have to have a 3.0. We do allow special consideration in both cases depending on what the pnm in question brings to the table.

Nothing in black and white during recruitment!

By: Because
#7  by: ^^^^   

KAPPA cut me with a 3.4 but, I got asked back to every top and some middle through skit. I ended up in a top house !!!

By: ^^^^
by: Sorry to break it to you Oct 20, 2015 8:46:38 AM

Kappa probably didn't cut you for a 3.4... they probably just didn't want you

By: Sorry to break it to you
#8  by: Honestly   

It's hard to say. I know girls who went through this year with yellow zone GPA's that got top houses and girls who had outstanding GPA's that got cut from almost everything. GPA is very important don't get me wrong, but it is not everything.

By: Honestly
by: yes! Oct 18, 2015 11:01:51 PM

this is 1000000% correct. grades matter for the first round of cuts, but are pretty much irrelevant past it. who you know becomes much more important by this round

By: yes!
#9  by: Cutoffs   

Kappa National policy is a B + or better, so that is 3.35 or better unweighted, theta has high academic standards and Chi Omega nationally also,

By: Cutoffs
by: @CutoffsOct 18, 2015 4:40:56 PM

My best friend got into Kappa with a 2.9 GPA.

By: @Cutoffs
by: sure..Oct 19, 2015 12:47:32 AM

Really? Where is she from? What high school?

By: sure..
by: UmOct 20, 2015 8:49:41 AM

I've known girls with much lower gpas in all those houses

By: Um
by: AlsoOct 20, 2015 8:51:10 AM

A B+ is a 3.33

By: Also
#10  by: Ultimately    

A girl I went to HS with got a bid from a really good house with a red zone GPA, yes she was a chapter legacy but she preffed two top tier houses. I also went to HS with a girl that had a high GPA that didn't reveived a bid at all due to her poor attitude during rush. To say her GPA is too low is absolutely false. Ultimately, with your GPA, if the girls like you and you have all your ducks in a row you'll do great. Do not worry about it, keep your grades up and get excited!! It'll be here before you know it!

By: Ultimately

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.