facebook

disappointed with alpha phi

by: curious

I went through the Alpha Phi recruitment and sadly the stereotypes of who they accept are true. I didn't go through formal recruitment but I had a near perfect gpa, tons of community service and leadership roles but wasn't invited back. I am in no ways drop dead gorgeous and also am in no way overweight but not stick thin. in fact they told me in my personal meeting that they weren't concerned with gpa while they were colonizing. sorry for the rant I'm a little disappointed that what people were saying we're true but my question is, as a sophomore rushing next year what should I do so that I can get into a house? thank you!

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Maybe    

Maybe ask Greek life office if houses plan to COB (continuous open bid)? I'm pretty sure they have to wait until after APhi bid day.

By: Maybe
by: Good Oct 8, 2015 6:25:18 AM

This is a good idea. Theta may be cob'ing. They are a great group of girls!

By: Good
#2  by: So   

Were you dropped from recruitment or did you drop out?

By: So
by: curious Oct 8, 2015 7:30:49 AM

I didn't go through formal recruitment as I stated in my original post.

By: curious
by: OkOct 8, 2015 7:59:27 AM

So you hedged all your bets on the colony wanting you and getting into the colony because they'd take "anyone"?

Colonies don't work like that. And there was a lot of talk before APhi started colonizing from their Alumnae about how they're mainly after a certain look...sorry but you shot yourself in the foot.

Having said that, it's possible that you could have a successful COB or sophomore rush if you keep your mind open and appreciate that any house that invites you back wants you as a sister and is a great house at Ole Miss.

Keep your grades up, work on your conversation skills by talking to new people regularly, make sure you wear clothes that look good (being not overweight but not stick thin is fine for everyone except the houses that want stick thin chicks and you shouldn't do anything bad to yourself to get that thin anyway), wear nice make up but not too much (there are tons of youtube tutorials for natural make up), join activities and take on leadership roles, and also make sorority friends because that will make the process easier if you have girls pulling for you from inside the house.

By: Ok
#3  by: So...   

...because they didn't take you their whole process is flawed? Right. It sounds like by not going through formal rush you basically suicided Alpha Phi and it didn't work out for you.

By: So...
#4  by: Me..   

All sororities are after a certain look.

By: Me..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.