facebook

adpi vs. aphi

by: curious

when adpi recolonized, was there this much hate/backlash against them as there is for alpha phi?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not at all!    

Everyone was so excited for and supportive of ADPi from the beginning-everyone in the Greek community showed up for their Bid Day to show solidarity, they had mixers with top fraternities and joint mixers with top sororities, and we were (and still are!) so happy that ADPi is here and doing so well. But ADPi has a strong reputation in the South, their expansion team did a fantastic job choosing colonizing sisters (and they've done an amazing job choosing girls thenselves, especially this year), and their representatives, actives, and alumnae were very respectful to other sororities and understanding of the way things work here.
Obviously, this hasn't been the case with Alpha Phi, hence the enormous (and justified) backlash.

By: Not at all!
#2  by: True!   

They have been on this website constantly putting other houses down while promoting their nonstop! They have been disgusting!

By: True!
by: True tooOct 7, 2015 1:29:33 PM

I highly doubt that it isn't a troll that enjoys stirring the pot- no person in their right mind would be that dumb - why would a new colony want established sororities would hate them? Makes no sense. We all have colonies with our letters greek letters on Them somewhere in the US and we would act that way and I am sure ( no I am not alpha!!!) they don't either they wouldn't benefit from it! It's a clear trolling b I t c h

By: True too
by: No!Oct 7, 2015 3:08:43 PM

Not a real Alpha Phi! Don't feed the trolls by responding, reacting or trying to be reasonable to trolls who are consciously trying to stir the pot!

By: No!
#3  by: Simple. .    

ADPi had been on the Ole Miss campus in the past. People feel more comfortable with them because we have "history " with them. A Phi has never been at Ole Miss.

By: Simple. .
by: I'm Sorry @ Simple.Oct 7, 2015 3:14:07 PM

but that is just stupid.

By: I'm Sorry @ Simple.
by: uh. noOct 7, 2015 3:21:01 PM

The only ones with "history" are the old biddies on this page. I don't know a pnm who cares about history -- especially the out of state girls. This is just crazy alums who are going cray cray about a phi and who spent waayyyy too much time clutching their pearls about Bama Aphi.

By: uh. no
#4  by: Some Truth...   

I think if y'all were 100% honest, APhi's rep -- true or not -- of taking only the lookers and gorg girls has put some Ole Miss chapters on the defensive. ADPi doesn't have that "gorgeous girl" rep --- and the colony class was just average (or if you are really really honest) or plain at best. Not very attractive -- lovely on the inside -- compared to Ole Miss top tier and unlike APhi's supposed reputation based on looks. The Plain Jane ADPIs weren't a threat to anyone….

By: Some Truth...
by: jwOct 7, 2015 3:18:24 PM

just wondering what sorority here has that "gorgeous girl" rep? tri delt and chi o have pretty girls, but often they seem pretty "plain jane" and many are legacies who do not look the part of a top tier sorority member. not saying anything bad about these girls-- i would consider myself pretty but not stunning, top tier beautiful.

By: jw
by: ^^Oct 7, 2015 3:26:41 PM

There's definitely some truth to that... @jw that's part of the problem I think, while all the sororities here have some pretty girls there's not one sorority that's purely pretty. Every group has some legacies that stand out in pictures while Alpha Phi claims to take in pretty girls and only pretty girls. Have to wait and see though, maybe this reputation will cause the recruiters to go in a completely different direction, who knows.

By: ^^
#5  by: ^   

When is their colonization interviewing process over?

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.