facebook

in life, tiers are meaningless

by: calm down

unless you plan on living in jackson after graduation and want to join junior league and be on the pta at ja or prep, then it doesn't matter if you're not an xo or ddd. the number of oos kids is rising dramatically, because the university recruits them. pnms from georgia, florida, texas, north/south carolina and mid-atlantic states like va and md are coming here because they can get a much cheaper education here, than in their instate schools, because most of their public home state schools are harder to get into. these pnms are not going to live in mississippi for their whole lives. many of them will move back to their home state, or to cities all around the us after graduation. everywhere you go, all sororities here have awesome alumni networks. say you are from north carolina, come here, get a bid to aoii/pi phi/adpi (or any "mid/lower-mid/bottom) because you don't have any top tier connections, then move to a city like new york or chicago after graduation. if your sorority connection plays any role in helping you get a job, your employer won't care that you were in a top-tier sorority. there are thetas and adpis and pi phis all over the us, just like there are kds and chi os all over the us as well. tiers don't mean anything now, and won't mean anything ever, unless you want to be a housewife/junior leaguer in jackson for your whole life. your sorority experience is what you make of it, and people shouldn't let others dictate whether the group they are a part of is "top".

Posted By: calm down
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: i agree   

lots of out of state girls may not even feel comfortable in chi o or ddd, because many people say it's just like high school again. it's hard to break into a sorority and make lots of new friends, when everyone just hangs out with their high school clique for another four years

By: i agree
#2  by: Jackson, MS? really?   

Jackson would the section 8 housing area of Atlanta or Nashville or Houston or Dallas. And your $8k a year tuition to Jackson prep or whatever private school would but you about 2 months at the private schools in the areas above. Sounds like inferiority complex from a bunch of Jackson moms to me abundant on this site.

By: Jackson, MS? really?
by: hummOct 7, 2015 2:48:38 PM

Then why come to a Mississippi School? Why be so arrogant and rude? Is it your upbringing? Your momma didn't teach you better? I know, you'll never get it and that's why don't get in the top houses that are Mississippi dominated. Based on the GPA and ACT scores of those who come from Atlanta, Nashville, Houston or Dallas...you didn't get your money's worth. Sorry.

By: humm
by: it's trueOct 7, 2015 4:55:20 PM

I'm on our sororities rush team. I see GPA and ACT/SAT scores from all PNM and the top OOS girls scores are no different that of top in-state girls. So that "card" can be retired. It simply is not true.

By: it's true
#3  by: good point   

i really like the message you're conveying here. if you want to care about being top tier, and want to be around other who care about being top tier for the rest of your life, then move to jackson. otherwise, join whatever house wants you, (because we all know that out of state pnms here make no decisions for rush, esp those from the north/mid-atlantic. all the decisions are made for them by way of cuts), make the best of it, and have an awesome four years. nobody is forcing you to be in a sorority, so make friends, go to social events, donate your time and energy to your philanthropy. if you can't be happy in your chapter, then drop. otherwise, you'll be wasting thousands of dollars worth of dues

By: good point
#4  by: Umm   

Actually tiers are very relevant. You will spend your entire life being categorized. Socially, professionally, personally...

The cream always rises to the top in every situation.

By: Umm
by: it is what it isOct 7, 2015 5:53:54 PM

This might be the nastiest thing I have read on this site, and I've read a lot. Shame on you.

By: it is what it is
by: Future Jackson, MS LiferOct 7, 2015 6:07:13 PM

I see future Mrs Jackson, MS county fair in your future.

By: Future Jackson, MS Lifer
by: @ummOct 7, 2015 6:16:15 PM

Typical Mississippi ignorance which is why you really need the OOS students at this place of higher education. We bring in the reality. There is not a space on any job application I have seen which request a sorority of its pseudo tier perception in college. Only the weak need reassurance of their status or need to make others feel less so they feel better.

By: @umm
by: WellOct 7, 2015 7:13:32 PM

I have to say that I agree with "Umm". You will always be judged in different tiers.. it's all about how you handle it. Do you try to "keep up with the Jones" and join Chi O or do you do what YOU want no matter what anyone thinks and join ADPi?

And, for what I've always heard from out-of-state folks, "You Mississippi people are loyal". There is NOTHING wrong with living in Jackson.. sorry.

By: Well
#5  by: Hmm   

Why do OOS students want to get so upset and bash Ole Miss Traditions.

It is a Mississippi college, and it does have its traditions. YOU choose to come her for whatever reason but then you want to bash
the school and its traditions.

If the You are so above the Greek system, more power to you....

Just don't hate on people who have loved Ole Miss for generations

By: Hmm
#6  by: Hmm   

Why do OOS students want to get so upset and bash Ole Miss Traditions.

It is a Mississippi college, and it does have its traditions. YOU choose to come her for whatever reason but then you want to bash
the school and its traditions.

If the You are so above the Greek system, more power to you....

Just don't hate on people who have loved Ole Miss for generations

By: Hmm
by: @ @hmmOct 7, 2015 7:00:01 PM

It's kind of a shame if you're not planning to be an active alumna. I feel like being an alumna could have its benefits and I'm gonna check it out.

By: @ @hmm
by: @@@ hmmOct 7, 2015 7:09:58 PM

i'm from a mid-atlantic state, and i'm in a sorority. i don't care about the rankings and i'm in a lower-mid house. so far, i love it and i'm excited to get to know all of my new sisters. from what i can tell, the experience is the same everywhere, no matter what house or tier. i plan on having a fun four years, graduating, and getting a job in a city (NOT JACKSON) where i hope to be an active alumna. who knows if my affiliation can help me get a job? maybe, and if so great. otherwise, i'm not going to waste four years thinking about what could have been in a top house, where i have great sisters right where i am now.

By: @@@ hmm
by: Good goshOct 7, 2015 7:39:11 PM

Will Y'all Just Stop With the hair pull!

By: Good gosh
#7  by: Seriously??   

what sorority you were in has zero to do with anything in Jackson. You can be a Jr. Leaguer, JA or Prep parent and have been non Greek or uber Greek. No one cares. That's just stupid and if you actually believe that it matters you are stupid too. Being in a sorority is about having a great time in college and making friendships that will hopefully last a life time. But none of that maters in the long run. Don't be ridiculous. If you are that shallow then Jackson doesn't need you.

By: Seriously??
#8  by: @Ummm   

You really are a special type of mean and crazy. Bless your heart.

By: @Ummm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.