facebook

got my 2nd choice

by: Need to Know

sorority on Bid Day. Several of the girls from my first choice house have told me that I was very high on their bid last (way above quota cutoff), but that I ended up iny second choice house because that house must've had me ranked even higher that my first choice house. Is this even possible? I thought that if a girl was on their first choice bid list above quits cutoff that it would be an automatic match. I just really need to know if the girls in my first choice house are being truthful or just trying to save face.

Posted By: Need to Know
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hello KD   

This is typical KD

By: Hello KD
#2  by: So sorry   

I'm really sorry to have to tell you this, but the girls in your first choice are straight up lying to you. You are right; the computer matches PNMs choices to Chapter Bid Lists. So, if you listed them first, and they had you on their first Bid List (anywhere, as long as they got to your name before reaching quota), then you would have received a Bid there, regardless of where your 2nd choice had you on their list. It would've been an automatic match. Your first choice matched quota before reaching your name, so the computer moved on to your second choice, and you were high enough up on their list that they hadn't reached quota yet when they got to your name-so you received a Bid from them. The girls in your first choice aren't worth your time-they are straight up lying to you to save face. Focus on building friendships with the girls who actually loved you enough to ask you to be their sister, and enjoy your new amazing sisterhood. I bet a million bucks that this time next year, you will be wondering why you ever put them second, as you'll realize that you're right where you belong and have been since you received your Bid!

By: So sorry
#3  by: ??   

which houses?

By: ??
#4  by: Wowee   

It doesn't matter.
You're with your house now, and that's the only one that matters. Nobody gets a do-over.
Give it up, forget about it, and concentrate on your own house.

By: Wowee
#5  by: no   

not possible. they are lying.

By: no
by: Or......Oct 7, 2015 7:04:31 AM

These girls may not be actually "lying," they may have known that you were ranked highly, but you just weren't high enough. It's possible that they don't know the particulars. Most members in the house don't get to see those lists and do not have a hand in compiling the specific order or even know what it is. I agree with above advice to enjoy the house that REALLY wanted you badly and embrace it, but your #1 house probably liked you too, but you just weren't high enough on the list. Enjoy your new house! Very soon you wont waste any time thinking about the other house...

By: Or......
#6  by: sorority   

All of the points made in n these responses are completely accurate. If you were as high on the bid list of your first choice house as these girls have told you, you would have matched, even if you were a legacy and ranked at the very top of your second choice bid list. When it comes down to matching at the end it is the priority to match the girl with their first choice whenever possible. The only time that this doesn't happen is when a chapter has filled their quota with girls who also want them first before they reach your name on their bid list. They definitely liked you a lot if you made it to pref day, but unfortunately you weren't listed high enough of their bid list, no matter what they're telling you now. Also very true that very few girls in each chapter see the final bid list that's turned in to Panhellenic, so other than legacies at the top of the list, very few people know exactly where any one person's name fell. You will get to see this side of all of this next year when you're on the other side of rush at the house that you just pledged, the house that wanted you badly enough to give you a bid and the house which you will grow to love and call your home!

By: sorority
#7  by: No   

That's not possible. They are definitely lying to you. If you were high on their list and you listed them first you would be in that house. If you were ranked high in both houses, you'd go to your first choice.

Sorry, they lied to you. For this to happen, you were on the bottom of the list.

By: No
by: cyclegirlOct 7, 2015 12:38:01 PM

You wouldn't go to your first choice if the first choice house filled their quota before they got to your name.

By: cyclegirl
by: EhhOct 7, 2015 4:13:49 PM

IDK how your house does it, but my house we split all the girls we got for pref round into three lists: Ones we really want, ones we like, and ones we don't want. We split girls up evenly and we vote on which list they go on. If they put us first and we put them on the "middle" list then they run to us. But if we put them on our "first" list and they ranked us second then depending on how their fav house ranked them, they probs won't come to us.

By: Ehh
#8  by: Geez...   

These girls were put on the spot and were trying to spare your feelings. To brand them as liars is not fair.

By: Geez...
#9  by: Sorry   

If actives told you this on perf night they were lying to you. No one sees the list except Rush chair. Girls are not allowed to tell you that you got a bid, because they just don't know. I hope you consider staying with the second choice sorority, because they are the ones who had you higher on their list. And if you are really upset about thow this turned out, I'd tell judicial board, because. I'm sorry that they lied to you, and if they are talking to you know about it and are saying that you had a bid, you most likely were below the cut off line. The system works the way it's supposed it. If they gave you a bid you would have run to them on bid day.

By: Sorry
by: EhhOct 7, 2015 4:15:05 PM

Not true. All houses do it differently. Depending on the house, the actives could've seen the list of girls and where they fell.

By: Ehh
by: HonestlyOct 7, 2015 4:17:18 PM

If your house shares the bid list order with any actives, I would be highly surprised!

I can just imagine the fighting and such between actives if the lists were published.

By: Honestly
by: Well...Oct 7, 2015 4:19:24 PM

I just heard that some houses vote on girls into like two or three categories on paper or something or by computer so it's mostly hush hush.

But that's only what I heard

By: Well...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.