facebook

why so negative

by: OOS

Why do you have such a problem with OOS students? The majority of us don't want your "top" tier houses. You're right, we don't have the connections and references and we don't care. Do you not realize that we come here because Ole Miss has recruited us for our academics? A lot of us had several choices of colleges, and yes, including UT and A&M. You should be glad we are strengthening Ole Miss academically. If it bothers you that we are here, go ahead and try to get into UT, A&M or Baylor.

Posted By: OOS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey, why so negative    

Why so strange ?

By: hey, why so negative
#2  by: ^^^   

You stole that from me and you aren't using it correctly so....GET OFF THIS SITE

By: ^^^
#3  by: Good point   

OOS has a good point. If I were an OOS (and I don't mean Georgia or Alabama), I probably wouldn't be comfortable in the top tier for reasons that have nothing to do with academics, looks or desire to be involved on campus. Maybe it's because I'm not from Jackson or Memphis, I don't already know many of these sisters and their alumni already, and i don't want to feel like odd-man out.

These so-called tiers matter in Mississippi and really, they matter only sometimes. They don't matter anywhere else. If I'm from NY, join ADPI and land in Atlanta, guess what? Being an ADPi still gives me access to a huge alumni network. If I'm from Michigan, join Alpha Phi and live in Chicago after graduating, guess what? I still have access to a huge alumni network. If I'm from Mississippi, join Theta, and leave Mississippi and go to San Francisco, I still have access to a huge alumni network.

That's kind of what's awesome about the Ole Miss Greek system. Even when there is a so -called weak chapter, they are part of a strong national organization.

This tier talk, "this is Ole Miss" talk and "it's the SEC" is ultimately meaningless except for 4 years on campus. Unless your plan is to move to Jackson, get married, join the JL, and have your children, and be involved with their school, your church, community, etc. (and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's just ONE choice in a world of millions) I'm not sure what extra "access" being a tri-delt or xo is going give.

By: Good point
by: ^^ ThisOct 7, 2015 9:06:41 AM

Well stated. In the vast majority of the country, no one really cares which house you were in after you graduated. For example, one of my coworkers was a Pi Phi, but no one ever says, "oh they were a bottom tier house" or "yay, Pi Phi was the best sorority at my school" and thinks any more or less of them. That's asinine. People just recognize that you were Greek, shrug their shoulders, and move on to a more interesting topic. If you find someone from the same org, then great. But overall, your sorority or fraternity affiliation means nothing after college.

By: ^^ This
by: @Good PointOct 9, 2015 7:36:53 PM

Thank you. Top tier needs to realize that there are beautiful, hard working and successful women in every sorority. I have no problem with the "top" tier being proud of themselves, I think that's great! But I do have a problem with them constantly putting down others. Mature women don't judge other women on looks, where they are from, etc. Just because a lot of OOS students don't have the recs doesn't mean that they are lower women.

By: @Good Point
#4  by: Well....   

Why so jealous! Why the CONSTANT need for affirmation? Over and over again.

Sororities are for college aged girls. Once you graduate, it's pathetic for women to constantly hang on! We get it, you love your sorority! But college is over! Unless you get a job working for your sorority, move along and get in with your life!

Above posters are correct. Sororities don't matter after college.

You only have four years. That's why top tier is so important to those who are good enough to receive a bid. Quit telling yourself it doesn't matter, when it does. It matters enough for you to constantly wine about it on this site.

If you didn't care, you would have a life outside of greekrank!

By: Well....
by: Wine about it?Oct 10, 2015 6:19:18 PM

It's whine, not wine.

By: Wine about it?
by: ^^^Oct 10, 2015 8:27:54 PM

Your right. I hate it when people use incorrect grammar on this site!

By: ^^^
#5  by: lol   

I am from out of state and wanted a top tier chapter and got into one. whoever says that out of state doesn't want top tier is either in a middle/bottom tier sorority or delusional. you are using that excuse because you got cut

By: lol
by: ^^^^Oct 10, 2015 5:47:09 PM

Glad you got the sorority you wanted, but you are delusional if you think every OOS wants what you wanted.

By: ^^^^
by: AnotherOct 10, 2015 8:31:57 PM

I'm another oos girl who knew I belonged in a top tier house.

Just because you didn't doesn't mean you can speak for all of us.

By: Another
#6  by: ^^^^ to another   

Try to read it again. I said not every out off state girl wants an Ole Miss top tier house and it's ridiculous to say that OOS girls who say they don't are only saying that because they got cut. I assume that because you knew you "belonged" in a top tier house you got into whatever house you wanted. Congratulations! Be happy in your house and let others be happy in theirs.

By: ^^^^ to another

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.