facebook

rushing

by: Pnm

I'm thinking about rushing next year but I'm kinda hesitant because I'm black and people have said (while it's still possible) it's harder for me to get a bid...I just wanna know if there's any truth to that

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nope   

No truth. As long as your gpa, involvement, and personality are good, there is nothing that says you can't receive a bid. Connections will also help, just as they help any girl!

By: Nope
#2  by: Honestky   

It will be tough. You will have to work extra hard to get a bid to a middle or top house. I know DDD, KD, and phi mu all have a black member. But those members are outstanding. Their pretty, smart, and connected. My house does not have a black member, but we did have one make it to the last round of rush. Things are slowly progressing in Greek life. But your chances of making top or even middle tier are slim, unless you start working now. Make connections with alumni and actives. Contact your local Panhellenic, they can help.

By: Honestky
#3  by: OP   

Soooo... any more feedback to my question??

By: OP
by: UpperclassmanOct 10, 2015 3:46:46 PM

I'ma minority and I would recommend you still rush. I rushed and got a bid to a house and I am happy where I am. I feel like I got the sense that at some houses I'd have to work 10x harder just to be tolerated or accepted and I wasn't interested in that. I am really happy I went through and pledged though. I made so many memories and connections and I love my sisters and am excited for everything there still is to come in my house and as an alumna

By: Upperclassman
#4  by: Alumnae   

Blame the alumnae... alot of sororities would love to have more black members but their alums will not allow it. I know this for a fact talking to my friends from other houses. Our old ladies are stuck in their old ways and hindering diversity at Ole Miss. A real pity.

By: Alumnae

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.