facebook

why go above quota?

by: Confused

I don't get it, if quota was 142 why did some sororities take way more! Those big pledge classes are too unmanageable! To me it seems like it would be better to get to quota and stop!!! Why go over by more than a couple?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Because   

we want to place as many PNMs as possible and give them a chance to experience sisterhood too. They are deserving just as much as the rest of them.

By: Because
by: AgreeOct 5, 2015 6:58:42 PM

Wish I could double like this!

By: Agree
#2  by: Quota additions.    

Without quota additions, girls would go bid less. A sorority doesn't have to take quota additions if they don't want to, but it's a good way for them to match with more girls.

By: Quota additions.
by: Exactly! Oct 5, 2015 8:08:00 PM

It's also a way to reward PNMs for maximizing their options and keeping an open mind about both of their Pref houses. If a PNM lists both groups, but both groups reach quota before coming to her name, then she will be added as a quota addition (most of the time, to her first choice, but sometimes, to the smaller of the 2 chapters). If QAs didn't exist/sororities elected not to take them, some women who made it through the entire process and listed both groups on their Pref cards would go bid less. That would really suck for those women. QAs are a good thing for both sororities (because they allow them to take women they wanted and who wanted them but weren't high enough on the Bid List to match during regular matching) and PNMs (because they are rewarded for maximizing, and end up with a Bid to a group that they wanted)! Plus, no one knows who is a QA and who isn't. QAs are great for both sides!

By: Exactly!
#3  by: So   

For what does that mean for those larger numbers? That more girls matched with them and wanted the chapter? Or the sorority had more spots to fill to reach total, perhaps making up for a larger graduating senior class?

By: So
by: It couldOct 5, 2015 7:31:23 PM

Mean they wanted every single girl they took even if that meant taking 15 more than quota or whatever. Or that they have a large senior class that is about to graduate and need to fill those spots to make chapter quota.

By: It could
by: SoOct 5, 2015 7:40:26 PM

There's no way to tell what it means for the chapter if you're not on the inside of recruitment.

It could mean that they had more spots to fill to reach total.

Or that more PNMs wanted them.

By: So
by: No? Oct 5, 2015 7:49:55 PM

And why does it really matter? Some chapters took 143 and some took 155. It's really not a negative or a positive

By: No?
by: I for one Oct 5, 2015 8:26:51 PM

Think it is a huge negative. Our retention rates are really not that great compared to fraternities.

By: I for one
by: NoOct 5, 2015 8:32:57 PM

Retention rates are only low for the bottom tier. Top and middle houses don't lose seniors.

By: No
#4  by: Duhh   

Sororities love quota adds bc more members = more $$$. It's simple business math.

By: Duhh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.