facebook

transfering school

by: bb

I THINK (not quite sure) that i'm transferring back to my hometown, but am still considering accepting a bid to this sorority tomorrow. The problem is, this sorority is not on my hometown's campus.

Can i drop my sorority and re-rush if i have too? (next fall) or after i accept my bid is it over? super confused!! thanks you :)

please do not be mean or hate - i am accepting the bid because i am hoping that once im in a sorority i will feel more at home here.

Posted By: bb
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

As long as you drop before you're initiated then yes you can re-rush at your new college. But once you are initiated, even if you drop after, you can't rush again.

That is the bad thing about our deferred rush. So many girls have trouble the first few weeks before rush because they don't really have very many friends if they come from far out of town and that sort of thing. I really hope that you find your home tomorrow and it completely changes your mind about transferring! Good luck with whatever your decision may be! :)

By: Guest
#2  by: Hope this helps   

Last year my rush crush pledged my houses and I was so excited. But after bid day she was at the house telling me that she was considering dropping because she wasn't sure about the house and the few friends she had pledged a different house. I told her to stick it out and try and make friends before dropping. She did and now she is our chapter president.

I know it sounds made up… trust me. But you can't really know how things are going to go until you give them a try. You may make friends and never dream of leaving ole miss. I would just say give it a shot.

Rush is probably the worst experience you will ever have in Greek life. I don't really know anyone that actually enjoyed going through it. But once you are a member things completely change.

By: Hope this helps
#3  by: Please accept your bid   

I could have written this post right before bid day last year. I was a sophomore and all of my freshman year I felt like I didn't fit in or find my home at Ole Miss. On a whim I decided at the end of my freshman year to give it one more shot and go through sorority recruitment because Greek Life looked like fun. Luckily for me, I received a bid and since my new member period I have not had any thoughts about transferring. It's incredible how things can change in just a few weeks.

But this change will take a commitment from you too. It will take you actively trying to make connections no matter what house you end up at. I ended up at the house I had wanted all along where I already had friends and even thought hat was the case, I had to put in a good amount of effort to try and make those sisterly bonds. Eat dinner at the house, hang out at the house, say hi to all the new sisters you meet, study with your sisters, go out to parties and socials with your sisters, get coffee/ice cream/watch TV/see a movie with your sisters, if you're feeling lonely invite your sisters to do something with you. It's on you to make the best of the sorority experience that is being offered to you. Trust me, if you put in your best effort the rewards can be greater than you thought they would be.

As far as going through recruitment again, you can do that as long as you depledge before initiation.

I hope you are happy and stay! Let us know how it turns out.

By: Please accept your bid
#4  by: Hmmm   

Not sure of the exact rule but I think you must wait one calendar year between accepting a bid from an NPC group. So... If the school you would be transferring to back to has recruitment before school like State, Auburn, and Bama do then you might be in a bind and not be able to participate in formal recruitment there.

By: Hmmm
by: @ HmmmOct 4, 2015 11:16:27 AM

Not exactly true. The 1 year rule is not firm as to a specific date or 365 days. The NPC rules state that you must wait until the next formal rush at the campus you are enrolled in.

By: @ Hmmm
#5  by: Transfer   

By all means, transfer to Ole Miss! You won't regret it!

By: Transfer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.