facebook

bid day

by: Can't decide

So if I end up with only theta adpi or alpha phi which one will be the least embarrassing?

Posted By: Can't decide
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

Honestly, none will be embarrassing, but the "best" out of the 3 would probably be ADPi. They have had a great rush and have made so much progress in a short period of time. Theta is really a good house, but has been considered bottom for so long that unfortunately they will probably still be looked at that way. Alpha Phi is brand new, so everyone is going to think that they took the girls that everyone else cut. Not trying to be mean, but we all know that happens when a new colony comes, regardless of how excited we may pretend to be about it. But go with your heart! Good luck!

By: Well
by: RushOct 2, 2015 11:09:02 PM

I hear theta has had a great rush and has had rounds added because so many pnm's wanted to go back. That's a good thing!

By: Rush
by: reb pnmOct 2, 2015 11:11:52 PM

I'm one of those "girls that everyone else cut" and i was feeling really confident about rushing APhi, but the way people are talking about them now like they'll just be accepting the rejects makes me not want to

By: reb pnm
by: WellOct 2, 2015 11:12:11 PM

That's awesome! Excited for Theta!!

By: Well
by: @ reb pnmOct 3, 2015 3:45:52 AM

If you're going to allow this website to make the choice for you of whether you should join a sisterhood, then you shouldn't join at all. My two cents.

Yeah some people are going to look down on Alpha Phi. So what? Are you going to let some snobs make you feel bad? Are you going to let that feeling make you miss out on the only opportunity you could have to experience sisterhood?

I know we all love our chapters at Ole Miss. Every one of us. Tiers are irrelevant in real life. If you're going to allow that made up tier crap to make you feel bad enough not to join a sorority, then maybe you're not fit to be a member. Toughen up, you need a tough skin to survive in the world.

By: @ reb pnm
by: @ reb pnmOct 3, 2015 3:48:03 AM

Just fyi before someone calls me mean, that's tough love. I'm hoping she sees how ridiculous she was being and thinks for herself and takes her feelings and actions into her own hands.

By: @ reb pnm
#2  by: I thinkā€¦   

Adpi they have a great house and ALOT going for them, yes they are new but as new as they are I think they are still better than theta. I wouldn't be embarrassed going adpi. And I wouldn't take a chance with aphi with all the hostility towards them.

You're house is what you make it and I promise that once you join and make great friends you will completely forget about the tier system.

Just trying to help.

By: I thinkā€¦
#3  by: Honestly    

All 3 will suck if you allow them to suck. A sorority is what you make it. You can make great friends in any of the 3 and get involved and have fun.. Or you can sulk and be embarrassed to wear your letters. It is what you make it and I've seen girls do both.

I would pick ADPi. They're new and on the rise. They won't be middle tier any time soon but they're about to surpass theta. Theta has been here a long time and they still suck. Alpha phi has a bad rep already. Go ADPi. Make great friends and get involved so you can make the sorority better.

By: Honestly
by: hmmmOct 3, 2015 9:27:04 AM

i think adpi has already surpassed theta, and is almost on par with pi phi at this point. but really, pnms should be honored to get a bid from anywhere. rush has been brutal this year.

By: hmmm
#4  by: Bully Patrol   

None of those houses "suck" as you say. It is what the pnms and make of it.

By: Bully Patrol
by: LolzOct 3, 2015 2:30:46 AM

Learn to read. I said they will suck if she allows them to suck. It is what you make it. You can make it an awesome 4 years or a sucky 4 years

By: Lolz
by: Agree with Bully PatrolOct 3, 2015 9:06:28 AM

@Honestly said theta still sucks.

By: Agree with Bully Patrol
#5  by: ackbar   

OP is either a troll or an extremely shallow person who wants to join a sorority for the wrong reasons. If not a troll, then please drop out of recruitment right now. All of the houses are great and have outstanding members.

On the other hand, joining one could help you mature intellectually and emotionally.

By: ackbar
#6  by: Bully Patrol @lolz   

I cam read, thanks. You said one of those has been here for years and they still.suck. Not true and be nice

By: Bully Patrol @lolz
#7  by: @Honestly@Lotz   

Perhaps you should read what you wrote mean girl. All sororities here are great!

By: @Honestly@Lotz
#8  by: honestly   

The only reason girls are still embarrassed to join either are because of posts like these. The girls in each house are normal and fun. Join whatever house you want and if you really think joining these houses is embarrassing please remember that they are all you have left so maybe you should be the one embarrassed that two groups are offering you sisterhood and you can't get over yourself enough to accept it

By: honestly
#9  by: Oh please...   

OP, if you think you might be "embarrassed" by joining any chapter at Ole Miss, just drop out of rush NOW and stay an independent.

How incredibly RUDE of you to even think that you might be embarrassed by joining a sorority that would offer you 4 years of friendship, a place to call home, and hundreds of girls that will have your back and support you through bad times.

You don't deserve to be called a sister.

By: Oh please...
#10  by: My 2 cents   

Theta = ADPi > Alpha Phi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > not being Greek

By: My 2 cents

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.