facebook

tiers are irrelevant

by: truth

tiers are the dumbest thing ever. sororities cannot be put into one stereotype, and they all have girls from every background, every body type, etc. sororities that people perceive to be top are great, but so are those that people say are middle or bottom. a sorority experience is essentially the same no matter where you end up. you will bond with your sisters, you will go to swaps and date parties and formals, you will put on philanthropy events. girls are coming to ole miss from all over the country now-- this isn't just a school for the deep south. as a result, smart, beautiful, funny, incredible girls don't know many actives, and accept bids to "lower tier" sororities. these girls make the most of their experience and have a great time. no guy cares about tiers, and no active should either. this website is made for the explicit purpose of putting others down, and it's very toxic to the ole miss greek community.

Posted By: truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bingo!   

"Ain't" it the truth!

By: Bingo!
#2  by: exactly!    

you hit the nail on the head with this post. i am a pnm and i have suffered some horrible cuts this week, that left me heartbroken. as a result, i only have "bottom tier" sororities left. i don't understand why people have to put down these groups. adpi is full of pretty, smart, funny and awesome girls, and people make fun of them because they are new. theta has the same kind of girls as adpi and EVERY other sorority here, yet they get made fun of all of the time, for seemingly no reason at all. if everyone just worried about themselves and the fun they are having with their sisters, then everyone would be happy and enjoy greek life the way it is meant to be enjoyed.

By: exactly!
by: LOLOct 2, 2015 5:13:59 PM

Haven't you been paying attention? Nobody this year is putting down or making fun of bottom tier. All their venom has been reserved for the top. One sorority to be exact.

By: LOL
by: exactly! Oct 2, 2015 9:12:14 PM

are you kidding me? people under the tents in front of theta say they're going to kill themselves if they have to go theta! it's really off-putting to girls who may not have many other options

By: exactly!
#3  by: What?   

Why don't you look back a couple of weeks or years and you will see that the "venom" is almost always used to keep up-and-coming (so called "lower tier" ) houses down. Why should YOUR sorority be immune to this?

By: What?
by: OMGOct 2, 2015 9:45:29 PM

Really?!? Trust me, nobody is try to keep theta down!

Tiers are very relevant! Social heiachy is very relevant not just in college, but in real life!

I'm sorry, but just wait until bid day! So many tears at theta! Both the actives, who didn't get their girls and the new members who didn't get their first choice.

Sure there are girls who are happy, but from pi phi down, you will see tears!

By: OMG
#4  by: %   

I can tell you that no one is going to make fun of you to your face if you join a so-called lower-tier sorority. All that is is just a matter of opinion, and both of these sororities have great girls. All you have to do is look around and see all the cute girls in those chapters. Go to their prefs if you get invited, and you will see.

By: %
by: AndOct 3, 2015 3:50:31 AM

You forgot to add that the only people who will ever make fun of you for "tiers" behind your back are snobs who are not worth associating with.

By: And
#5  by: @OMG   

Not only are you delusional, you can't spell. Tiers are not relevant unless you are from MS and live in MS your entire life. OOS women don't need these "top" tiers in the real world.

And your comments about tears are unnecessary and uncalled for. Stop trying to build yourself up by pulling others down. Didn't your southern mama teach you that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all? Or is your true little hateful personality just shining through? Bless your heart.

By: @OMG
by: @OMGOct 3, 2015 12:01:11 AM

is right! Tiers don't matter. Great girls and mean girls in every sorority at Ole Miss. MS connections and such are all outdated. Every sorority is great! The tears post is cruel and classless. Run where your heart belongs!

By: @OMG
#6  by: Bully Patrol   

Really? You're going to contribute to girls "killing themselves"? This is just a gossip website, and that comment was totally unnecessary. There is no bad house at Ole Miss.

By: Bully Patrol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.