facebook

which house to love more

by: Conflicted

I'm really torn between Pi Phi and ADPi. You see Pi Phi was my favorite going in (I knew so many actives there that I loved) and I've loved it going through rush, but everyone says they're kind of laid back and not as involved. I just mention this because I'm for sure a type A personality, go getter, pretty hyper, and always looking to get involved, so I'm worried I won't fit in with them after rush if I pledge there. On the other hand I have ADPi who's just getting their feet off the ground in a great way, and all the girls I've had going through rush have my same type of enthusiasm, but I just can't quite see myself there (yet). So I'm not sure and wanted to know from active's experiences how much things change after rush at your house.

Posted By: Conflicted
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Okay   

I see your logic!

Adpi girls do theoretically have to work harder at establishing a successful colony.

On the other hand pi phi is filled with fun girls.

By: Okay
#2  by: ?   

So, you've explained why you don't see yourself at Pi Phi - but you didn't explain why you can't quite see yourself at ADPi. Can I ask why?

Is it because you're still somewhat tied to Pi Phi? Is it because of the talk about tiers?

By: ?
#3  by: Honest   

It sounds like you can see yourself more at Pi Phi and that's okay. If you're a go-getter type of personality who wants to get involved, it seems like you could get more involved more quickly in Pi Phi if they're laid back. Just a thought.

By: Honest
#4  by: ?   

Funny, I actually had the exact opposite impression, that she was somewhat surprised that she didn't love Pi Phi as much as she thought she did and also surprised that she was enjoying ADPi more than she thought and is surprised that she sees herself there.

Honest is probably right that you could get more involved more quickly. However, with ADPi being new, they want go getters, enthusiastic, etc. They are working hard to establish themselves, and you might enjoy being a part of that. Truth be told, there's opportunity at both.

Best advice I can give, is go with your gut. See the ATTN PNMs post below for why, it explains why very well.

By: ?
#5  by: Both are great!    

Ok, so both are amazing chapters filled with amazing girls, but there are some personality differences.
Pi Phi is very laid back, chill, and fun, and they have great girls! They might not be quite as involved as some other houses, but they still participate in philantrophy events, Greek wide events, etc. Also, just because the sorority as a whole is perceived to be more laid back doesn't mean that individual members aren't Type A go getters just like you! If you have friends in the chapter, I'm sure you already know girls similar to you in that way.
ADPi is still getting their feet off of the ground, as you said, and they've gotten off to an incredibly awesome start! ADPi nationals did a great job selecting pretty, smart, fun, outgoing, involved, enthusiastic, ambitious girls to be colonizing sisters, and these girls have done a great job selecting girls with these traits since then. You'll definitely have lots of opportunities to really get involved with leadership/officer positions in ADPi, and they encourage their girls to be involved in other activities on campus too!
It sounds like you would be very happy and fit in well at both houses, so you're in a great position! Pi Phi and ADPi are both very respectable chapters! Good luck!!

By: Both are great!
#6  by: Type A   

If you are truly Type A, go-getter, I would recommend ADPi, since you will have more opportunities to hold an office, be a leader in that chapter, etc., since they are still working on becoming established. You could be even the trail-blazer and set the kind of tone you want for that chapter.

By: Type A
by: AgreeOct 2, 2015 5:24:06 PM

Yes, totally agree with this!

By: Agree
#7  by: ADPi   

Just thought I would let you guys know that I ended up going ADPi and I love it!! Pi Phi is still an amazing house, but I really feel like I've found where I belong at ADPi and have no regrets!

By: ADPi
by: :)Oct 5, 2015 12:50:17 PM

Good for you! I'm glad you like ADPi!

By: :)
by: Nice!Oct 5, 2015 1:27:03 PM

Congrats! I love that you loved both houses and you wound up where you felt at home! Enjoy! I love that you told us where you wound up.

By: Nice!
by: ADPI Oct 5, 2015 3:24:31 PM

i went adpi too and i'm so happy and excited to help our chapter rise up and have a great reputation as pretty, smart, fun girls! i love our pledge class and i'm so so excited!

By: ADPI
#8  by: Yes   

This makes me happy. Not my chapter but love seeing the enthusiasm.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.