facebook

pref

by: Pnm

Why, if you have two sororities at pref and you know you only want one of the two, won't they let you put down only one. The one you want. If you know you will drop the other.

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pref   

You can put down just one. however if you only put down one your chances of getting it are not very good. you have much better chance of getting the house you want if you rank both houses. don't ask me how, it's super complicated computer stuff. basically, if you single intentional pref and only put down one house, if you don't match up with that houses's top list (which you most likely won't),
then you're bumped out by the computer and released. if you put down both houses, you stay in the system and have multiple chances to match up with your number one house. then, if you still get your 2nd house and you seriously want to drop, you can do that instead of going to their bid day. trust me. it works in your favor to write
down both houses.

By: pref
by: edcuate yourselfOct 2, 2015 6:05:15 PM

This is incorrect information. You are not "dropped" from the system if you don't match up right away. Say quota is 50 and you are number 60 on the one chapter you wrote down Chapter ABC, you stay on the list until 50 girls match. If numbers 1 - 10 pick another group, DEF, and match with them, then ABC's top 50 are now 11 - 60. It is complicated and clearly spelled out in the NPC Manual of Information.

You are seriously reducing your options to be Greek and very rarely would you not be happy in most any group on campus. The ideal situation would have each PNM with multiple choices where she would be happy.

Your experience is what you make of a situation and what you put into the organization you join.

By: edcuate yourself
#2  by: Amen!   

^^^This!!! There's a reason they tell you to maximize your options! Don't cut out any of your chances at this point.

By: Amen!
#3  by: Pnm   

Thanks! I didn't know how it worked.

By: Pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.