facebook

aphi

by: next year

Will it be tough to get into Alpha Phi next year since they colonized this year?

Posted By: next year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: No one really knows   

I could sit here and tell you no, because they're going to have to find 200+ women, but no one really knows. If you hear someone saying a definitive yes or no just know that they don't know either. Just go talk to the Alpha Phi recruiters in the Union to get the best feel, and remember if it's hard or not to get in doesn't matter, it's where you feel the most comfortable in the end.

By: No one really knows
#2  by: Dallas   

Maybe not and it may not be hard to get in the others next year. Alpha Phi will take all the good looking girls and most of the sororities like Kappa, Pi Phi, AOPI will have a hard time in rush because they will be left with the nags.

By: Dallas
#3  by: No   

Alpha Phi is really bad in Texas. Folded at A&M, no chapters at any schools but tech and Texas. Not good at either school. They won't get any girls who want to be in a national sorority with high standards. Can't stand Alpha Phi, Zeta, DZ, all groups who only care about looks.

By: No
by: Just SayingOct 5, 2015 7:19:12 PM

Off the top of my head, can say APhi has chapters at MidWestern State and Texas A&M Commerce. All are strong chapters.

By: Just Saying
#4  by: Lynch   

Alpha Phi will take Ole Miss like a storm. They only pledge the most beautiful girls who are smart. It will hurt chapters where they have a few beauty queens and the rest are out of shape It will raise the bar at Ole Miss where the Alpha Phi's will only eat fresh fruit and veggies while the others cow down on junk. But it will make the typical OM girl to start taking care of themselves in order to compete with these beautiful women. Watch and wait because they will move up quickly and the frat boys will love them.

By: Lynch
by: UmmmOct 2, 2015 7:22:55 PM

Lynch is your username? Are you freaking serious?

And, no you are wrong. Alpha Phi will not take Ole Miss like a storm. We are not Texas or Arizona. We are Mississippi. Big difference.

By: Ummm
by: Yes. You are MSOct 2, 2015 10:19:50 PM

Yes, so true. Big difference. MS and Ole Miss is top in obesity, APhi is not into that, so their girls might be fit so......yeah.

By: Yes. You are MS
by: LolOct 3, 2015 4:09:59 AM

Well most of the girls in Ole Miss sororities are not obese. You don't even go here. Obviously. Go away, mean girl

By: Lol
by: yepOct 5, 2015 12:21:42 AM

Alpha Phi will hand out bids to only the cute girls even if it means they have to start with a much smaller group. At Bama they take the pretty, dumb, out of state girls. Their GPA is the lowest of all the sororities there and have the highest out of state percentage. They may be pretty but that's all they bring to the table.

By: yep
#5  by: ^   

It might be... go and check it out for yourself.

By: ^
#6  by: Kappa Sig   

Well all the frats are looking forward to it. Those girls are HOT.

By: Kappa Sig
#7  by: LOL   

Alpha Flea is irrelevant in Texas..

By: LOL
#8  by: Alpha Phine   

Having taken part in an Alpha Phi colonization 3 years ago, I can attest there was a campus looking to colonize with Alpha Phi for years, modelled everything they stood for after the chapter, and Alpha Phi turned them down and partnered with the group of pretty girls who just wanted to take part in going international. The group is now killing it on campus, prettiest girls, most loved by the frats, best parties... Won Derby Days 3 years running. Alpha Phi does a great job of choosing only the best, but yes you could say looks go far with this organization. Popularity and good looks go hand in hand so I wouldn't underestimate them, they're recognized nationally as a top tier sorority. There may be a few chapters that have gone downhill such as in Texas but the new chapters are nothing but the best.

By: Alpha Phine
by: Alpha PhineOct 3, 2015 10:20:26 AM

Actually Texas Phi's are gorgeous too, you're like saying they aren't good just because they're shallow? Ole Miss seems to be really against rushing based on looks. Also Tri Delts seem to universally detest Alpha Phi's, go figure.

by: really? Oct 4, 2015 11:36:52 PM

Nice try. Not exactly "recognized nationally as a top tier sorority" or "choosing only the best" - far from it. Good for a laugh, though. They have big problems retaining members. Scholarship is sketchy. Alum involvement is poor according to many of the actives. Ole Miss isn't AZ or CA, (and APhi does have its struggles there), I think they will be in for a huge shock.

By: really?
by: Alpha PhineOct 5, 2015 8:40:00 AM

You go to ole miss so I'd love to know where you get your info on Alpha Phi's alum or their national status. If you didn't read correctly I've personally taken part of colonizations in recent years, I know very well what it takes to get in and therefore am more than qualified to answer the OP's question.

#9  by: Mmmhmm ok   

I'm sure they're nothing but the "best" in lots of places...like Alabama where their GPA is the worst of all the sororities. They can't hit a 3.0.

Face it. Alpha Phi doesn't do well in the SEC.

By: Mmmhmm ok
by: Alpha PhiOct 3, 2015 10:50:42 AM

In Alabama where they're all straight 10's with fraternity boys across the nation kneeling at their feet...

By: Alpha Phi
by: Lol @ you defending thatOct 3, 2015 11:03:49 AM

And for all that effort, they're not top tier at Alabama and they're not smart...ranked lower mid or bottom and universally known as the stupidest of the bunch. Their GPA is worse than the least popular chapter on that campus. And worse than the GDI GPA. Only stupid girls would put out that video.

But I guess it's okay as long as you're hot while you're in college...looks fade, honey, but stupidiity doesn't

By: Lol @ you defending that
by: HahaOct 3, 2015 11:30:29 AM

Frats LOVE easy-peazy one-niters. Not the gals they take home to momma..

By: Haha
by: Alpha PhineOct 3, 2015 12:22:18 PM

Alpha Phi is top tier at Bama. Where are you getting this information from, Greek rank?

by: LolOct 3, 2015 12:39:21 PM

Pretty sure the guys don't want to take home the overweight "classic beautiful" girls to momma, that's a little embarrassing.

By: Lol
by: ActiveOct 3, 2015 10:55:04 PM

Y'all sound a little threatened by Alpha Phi already. Or maybe you're just a teeny bit jelly of those gorg girls at Bama....

By: Active
by: okcoOct 5, 2015 12:27:24 AM

Guys will like them and the Alpha Phi's will get all the dates. Those girls have serious looks and bodies. It will be an honor to be chosen to join.

By: okco
by: Alpha PhineOct 5, 2015 8:42:16 AM

"A few" good looking ones? There were hundreds. Every new chapter of Alpha Phi is gorgeous, since you have so much time on your hands why don't you waste some time on Google trying to prove me wrong :)

by: @Alpha PhineOct 5, 2015 6:07:31 PM

You obviously don't go to Bama or you would know how awful they really are. Ratchet is a pretty accurate description. Now get out of here and stop being mean to the Ole Miss girls because you aren't doing your sorry sorority any favors here.

By: @Alpha Phine
#10  by: What to expect   

I'm from a campus with a smaller number of sororities and took part in the colonization of Alpha Phi at my school so I've got some first hand experience to answer this question. The girls I met were absolutely amazing, I won't go on for too long because everyone loves their organizations but Alpha Phi truly sets up an amazing group of beautiful and welcoming individuals, and the girls they chose for the colony carried the same attributes. Alpha Phi looks for gorgeous, outgoing, FUN and driven individuals. For these reasons, Alpha Phi often ends up very popular on their respective campus. As for your question, I can tell you that none of the less fortunate looking girls made it through interviews... Truthfully speaking my chapter is by far the "most beautiful" on campus based on the fact that there are literally no "bigger" or "unattractive" girls in the group while other sororities tend to be a little more "diverse." This mixed with fun personalities make Alpha Phi a first favourite and is a huge reason Phi's get a lot of hate from other sororities and can get a bit of a bad rap. I'm just being honest, this is something you see through a lot chapters in the nation. My input would be that TYPICALLY if you can find yourself fitting in with the "stereotypical" sorority girl stereotype, you will love A Phi. Let me note that our philanthropy is incredible and the Red Gress Gala is a blast and such an incredible event. Taking part of the colonization of Alpha Phi was the best!

By: What to expect

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.