facebook

cut to shreds.

by: Failure

It's over. I'm done and I never saw it coming.

Posted By: Failure
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: reb   

so am i. i had 4 houses that i loved and i got cut. guess i'm just going to try and make the best of it and go through aphis rush

By: reb
#2  by: Rush hurts   

Please don't let this get you down!! This is what happens when a new chapter colonizes. It makes formal rush tougher to get through. Please pull yourself together. It may simply have been that you were not high enough on the invitation list.

There may be snap bids issued later because invitation estimates were too low. Or you might love Alpha Phi. IT IS NOT NECESSARILY OVER!

Shed a few tears tonight. Then get up tomorrow with a smile, pull yourself together and keep your head up!!!

By: Rush hurts
by: FailureOct 1, 2015 11:29:09 PM

No possibility there will be snap bids. I feel horrible and wish I never rushed.

By: Failure
by: TrixieOct 2, 2015 3:33:57 PM

Be a ton of snap bids given because quota is so large. Sit tight and you will wind up at the right one. Don't give up.

By: Trixie
#3  by: Rush hurts   

I bet there will be some snap bids, but I am not 100% sure. So we'll go with your comment about no snaps. Look at Alpha Phi. I KNOW there will be some COB later in the year. Don't YOU see yourself as a failure. Trust me, this is a lot more about what happens when a new chapter colonizes than you personally.

By: Rush hurts
by: ..Oct 2, 2015 7:25:51 AM

when do snap bids happen?? if there are any at all

By: ..
#4  by: You are NOT a failure!!   

I totally hear you, but you are not alone! Get all your tears out and have a good cry, but then it's time to move forward. There are many smart, beautiful, great girls in your same shoes. I would highly encourage you to give APhi a chance. They have a very strong national presence and they will be putting a TON of effort into all their new members here. It will be a very unique experience to say the least. There are only a few people on this site making it sound like APhi will be a bad idea. Look at how terribly these negative people talk about all the houses, including the "top" houses. Don't listen to them.

It's not over! You are not a failure!

By: You are NOT a failure!!
#5  by: You'll be alright!    

All getting dropped means is that they see you finding your home elsewhere and they don't want you to have to pay $1000s of dollars to a place you're not going to be completely happy in. Actives like basically everyone who comes through our door unless a pnm doesn't want them to like them, we're too excited to do anything otherwise. I guarantee you many girls voted on you and talked to their friends about you in a positive way. But as a number and inside power game you can never really be offended if a sorority doesn't ask you back. Chin up and prove to everyone that homes can be in both greek life and non-greek life!

By: You'll be alright!
by: Great point^^^^^Oct 2, 2015 8:22:28 AM

Yes! Remember that they liked you!!!!

By: Great point^^^^^
by: noOct 2, 2015 11:05:08 AM

that does not help this girl who is hurting

By: no
#6  by: I'm sorry   

You might as well try for Alpha Phi now. I know this hurts, but it will turn out for the best.

By: I'm sorry
#7  by: It gets better   

No shame at all in going Alpha Phi, they are a solid sorority nationally. Also your college experience is entirely what you make of it... I know girls in so-called lower houses who make life long friends and have the best time ever, and we all know girls in top houses who aren't really happy. Make the most out of your situation and you can't go wrong.

By: It gets better
#8  by: Go   

And check out alpha phi for sure!

By: Go
#9  by: Go   

And check out alpha phi for sure!

By: Go
#10  by: ##   

I promise you will be ok after the newness (and rawness) of rush wears off. It's been a tough week for a lot more girls than you think. I wish Ole Miss rush wasn't so brutal and cruel. That being said, though, give Alpha Phi a good look.

By: ##

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.