facebook

pref

by: RebGirl

I have two houses left now. What are the chances of me being asked back for pref? Deciding if I should drop now or possibly end up devastated on Saturday morning.

Posted By: RebGirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: confused   

There is no way for anyone to know if you will get Pref invitations... no Magic 8 Ball. But why would you drop out before getting Pref invitations?? Would you seriously prefer not to be Greek? There is no harm in going to any Pref parties that you are invited to. Can you learn to love either of the 2 chapters that you have left? Stick it out!!

By: confused
by: RebGirlOct 1, 2015 11:08:57 PM

Oh no I absolutely love one of them. I'm just so scared to show up Saturday and them not be on my schedule.

By: RebGirl
#2  by: HappyCamper   

You can't stress about it. You need to stay loose. Look for the good in the sisters in both houses. Also, look around at the PNMs who are attending the parties. These will be your pledge sisters. All the chapters are strong. Don't drop! You will be invited back by the sister who want YOU to be their sister. Don't throw that away!

By: HappyCamper
#3  by: confused   

You love ONE of them??? Then you damned well better get your brain in gear and learn to love the other one, too!!! What if you only get "the other one" on your Pref invitation?? Are you going to start to sniffle and refuse the one chapter that wants you? Prepare yourself now for the possibility of seeing only the "other" chapter at Pref.

By: confused
#4  by: Um   

You're thinking about dropping out now so that they don't drop you?

No offense, that is the stupidest reasoning. Stick it out. These houses like you. They invited you back. The chances that they will invite you back for pref are >0 and are worth it no matter what you think right now.

Do not drop out.

By: Um
#5  by: Um   

Okay I read your follow up post and you need to set yourself straight. These houses like you, they saw something special in you. They invited you back. You had better show up and sign that bid card even if the one you're not such a huge fan of is the only house on it. Get over yourself. All the houses here are stellar. They all offer the same things. You need to get through this and then you'll be on the other side and realizing that you were really talking about some stupid stuff as a PNM when you are happy you're a sister. Trust me. This happens a lot.

Show up. Get your bid. Run with it whatever the house is. Love your life and be thankful that GR actually talked some sense into you.

By: Um
by: HahahahahaOct 2, 2015 10:03:36 AM

Taking advice and being thankful for GREEKRANK! Now that's funny!!!!!

You "ladies" (and I use that term loosely) are so incredibly funny!

By: Hahahahaha
by: @HahahahahaOct 2, 2015 10:08:55 AM

I think GR gives some legit advice. You sound like a bitter alum. Please stop spreading the negativity.

By: @Hahahahaha
#6  by: Active   

You never know the outcome!!! You may be invited back to one house or two, but you have to stay to find out!

You don't want to drop and then regret it because you were scared.

By: Active
#7  by: Another Active   

Don't drop! This is probably your only chance to go Greek at Ole Miss. Stick it out. All of the houses are great...you'll figure that out after bid day. And if for some reason you are fully released, try for Alpha Phi.

Let us know how it works out.

By: Another Active
#8  by: if you stick it out   

you'll find out that the whole tier thing is a joke as there are great girls in every house

By: if you stick it out
#9  by: &   

Definitely, stick it out. The pref parties may change your mind!

By: &

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.