facebook

connections

by: Stressed

I will be going through rush next year. No one in my family was in a sorority or even went to ole miss. Are connections really important? I have a few but not as many as a lot of girls have. I'm super excited for rush but would hate to be cut because I have no connections

Posted By: Stressed
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Go to    

npcwomen.org - they can help you find alumnae in your area. Click on "MEET NPC" in the top right corner, then "Chapter Locator" in box on left side of page, then "#Show alumnae panhellenics." From there, choose your area and go to their webpage and it should have information for you there. For instance, the Jackson Area Alumnae Pan Association has a "FAQ" area, I'm sure the rest of them do as well. I didn't think I knew many sorority women and I ended up knowing someone in all but one sorority - ask around! Ask your friend's moms, teachers, church ladies - you'd be surprised! Good luck!

By: Go to
by: GreatSep 30, 2015 11:51:52 AM

Great information! I didn't know this existed.

By: Great
#2  by: Stressed   

Thank you so much!!! You are a life saver

By: Stressed
by: @stressedSep 30, 2015 12:44:28 PM

In addition to the wonderful advice @Go to gave you regarding getting recs (which are essential! preferably 2 or more per chapter), do you know any actives in sororities at Ole Miss? Do any girls from your HS, hometown, camp, church, athletic activities, community service activities etc who attend Ole Miss? If so, maybe you could come visit and meet their sisters and other girls in sororities. If not, do any of your friends know actives at Ole Miss? Perhaps they could connect you with actives they might know. Coming to visit and getting to know the girls is huge-it definitely helps if you have girls pulling for you in the houses. So, I would definitely follow the advice above regarding getting recs, and I would also recommend that you try to come visit and get to know as many sorority women as possible to maximize your chances of having a happy recruitment! Good luck to you and let us know if you have more questions!!! We're happy to help :)

By: @stressed
#3  by: Oos   

Definitely try to get one for every house regardless of the tier. My daughter was out of state and didn't have recs for all of the houses and had none from ole miss. She still got so called best middle tier. My advise is to not worry about tiers at all. It sounds like you do not have strong connections to ole miss so you should be fine. My daughter came here not knowing anyone and just wanted to find a sorority she fit in well with. It's not like others schools where the "the prettiest and best" get top tier. Top tier is based primarily on connections. All of the so called middle tier and some of the so called lower tier have girls that are just as "pretty and perfect" or more so as the others. Just be open and you won't be disappointed. The only girls that really get disappointed about top tier are the Mississippi girls. All the sororities are great here.

By: Oos
by: UmOct 3, 2015 4:02:01 PM

From one mom to another...if your advice is not to worry about tiers, then why are you discussing tiers as if it's some victory that your daughter got "the best middle tier"?

By: Um
by: UmOct 3, 2015 4:05:48 PM

And it kind of sounds like you're a little bitter that your "perfect" daughter didn't get top tier. Face it that all the sororities at Ole Miss get quality girls and any talk of tiers (which you are promulgating) is just nonsense.

By: Um
#4  by: Oos   

Sorry if it came across as bitter or bragging about my daughter being middle tier. The intention of my post was to say that she didn't come in with any preconceived notions about where she wanted to be and that tiers don't matter unless you are in state. She was happy where she ended up and would have been happy with almost any of the sororities. She got into hers without recs. She was herself and nice to everyone.

by: OosOct 3, 2015 4:46:41 PM

But she IS perfect! Lol

#5  by: Woah!   

Some of you on here are so negative and vicious! She didn't say anything negative.

By: Woah!
by: You're right^^^Oct 3, 2015 6:42:59 PM

No she didn't say anything negative. She was trying to be helpful and tell OP not to worry about all the tiers. My goodness, some people can be so negative! That was some helpful mom advice.

THE TIERS ARE BRINGING ME TO TEARS!!!

By: You're right^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.