facebook

msu pnms

by: Msu

Will the girls who dropped out of msu rush, get a bid here?

Posted By: Msu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I heard   

I heard one is dead set on Chi O. Like honey, really? If you couldn't get in at state what on earth makes you think you'll get in here

By: I heard
by: MESep 23, 2015 11:55:01 PM

See comment #6... this is exactly what happened to one PNM. Sounds as though she is making sure her preferences are very clear this time around. I honestly think if she had been very open and clear about her preferences during MSU recruitment that she would have gotten a bid from her top choice.

By: ME
#2  by: ?   

How does that work? If they drop out of MSU rush, how can they immediately come to Ole Miss? Wouldn't you have to wait to transfer, or even if you were accepted into both, wouldn't it be too late to come to Ole Miss for this school year? I've heard about this happening but don't understand how/if it's possible.

By: ?
#3  by: Lol   

MSU's rush happens before classes start.

Most Mississippi girls have already applied to both schools anyway, so if they get cut from rush, or only have bad houses left, they will drop out of recruitment, cancel their classes and move over to ole miss and register.

By: Lol
#4  by: Really ?   

How do they expect to get in at Ole Miss if they can't get in at MSU ?

By: Really ?
by: MESep 23, 2015 11:42:15 PM

MSU's Chi O, KD, and DG are top chapters in their national organizations. All consistently win top awards from nationals as well as all having a chapter GPA over 3.45. Mississippi girls who pledge these at State have high school best friends in the "top tier" Ole Miss chapters and if they had attended Ole Miss would have ended up in a top tier house as well.

By: ME
#5  by: Agreed!   

If they don't get in there they won't get in here, but to be fair XO, KD, and DG at MSU can compete with the top houses here. If any girls from with school went to the other school instead they would still end up in top tier.

By: Agreed!
#6  by: Dawg   

I go to state and a girl during rush here did that but it wasnt because the houses didn't like her. Apparently she wanted Chi o really bad so all other top houses dropped her but chi o thought she KD so she ended up being cut from every house except zeta and ADPI. Now she's at ole miss to try again

By: Dawg
by: WellSep 24, 2015 9:47:46 AM

That doesn't mean she'll get chi o here

By: Well
#7  by: chi o   

Chi o has a national policy that states that once a girl is dropped from Chi O (any chapter), she can't receive a bid (from any chapter). Once dropped, always dropped.

If one chapter didn't feel that she was a good candidate for Chi O, then that's that, she is not a good candidate.

Actives may not know all the national policies, but rest assured the alumni advisors do. She will be dropped at Ole Miss as well.

By: chi o
by: woahSep 24, 2015 4:56:15 PM

that's interesting. some of those girls probably need to hear this

By: woah
by: yupSep 25, 2015 10:41:33 AM

I have heard this as well.

By: yup
by: Chi-o alumSep 29, 2015 6:27:22 PM

That is not true! If you pledge and drop out or get kicked out then this may be true but I know for a fact that girls can pledge Chi-O even if they have been cut by them during rush at another school.

By: Chi-o alum
by: BSSep 29, 2015 6:42:46 PM

They would never even know. Keep spreading rumors and lies.

By: BS
by: LolSep 29, 2015 11:08:43 PM

No, it's true. Same goes for girls that were cut from chi o last year and are re-rushing this year.

Once cut, always cut.

By: Lol
by: .... Sep 30, 2015 12:33:25 AM

how do they know if she got cut or went through rush at another school? If she dropped out of rush, they would never know if she went through rush week beforehand.

and that is a stupid rule. Every Chi O is different. She may not fit in at MSU but fit in just fine at a different school.

By: ....
by: RepeatSep 30, 2015 2:16:09 AM

I am going to repeat it once again: if you get cut from rush by a sorority that does not mean that if you transfer you have to be cut from the same sorority. They can and will rush you if they think that you are a good fit with them. I have seen it happen!!!

By: Repeat
#8  by: So.......   

Where did they end up?

By: So.......
#9  by: Advisor   

Once cut - always cut? This is NOT a national rule with Chi Omega. I am sorry you have been misinformed.

By: Advisor
by: ?Oct 5, 2015 6:18:54 PM

So where did she end up on bid day? Anyone ?

By: ?
#10  by: Wow   

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Girls who get cut at MSU drop and rush here? Keep spreading those Greek myths! Lol!

By: Wow
by: .......Oct 5, 2015 10:01:07 PM

Do you really not believe it????

I know of two girls that I am 100% positive that they either got completely cut from rush at MSU or dropped out of rush at MSU and transferred before classes started and re-rushed at Ole Miss last week. Idk how many there were total that did this this year, but of the 2 I know about, 1 dropped out again here and 1 got a bid somewhere (and she seems really happy).

By: .......
by: It's trueOct 5, 2015 11:11:16 PM

The girl referred to in comment #6 and the comment by ME pledged Kappa yesterday. Absolute fact. Great girl. Hope she is happy!

By: It's true
by: NooooOct 6, 2015 9:05:19 AM

I don't believe it, either. Who were the two girls? Name names.

By: Noooo
by: !Oct 6, 2015 9:11:34 AM

Very true. And it happens .. Even at ole miss. Ole miss is known for a hard rush but that isn't going to stop some people from trying if they didn't have a success rush( in their eyes) at another school.

And no names need to be mentioned on a public site

By: !
by: WellOct 6, 2015 9:31:44 AM

where did they end up?

By: Well
by: Uh noOct 6, 2015 10:17:26 AM

Then go read the msu site back in August ( when their rush happened)they were talking about it.
It is not a myth. 2 girls came over from state but dunno about any others going through rush that went through at another school. I don't think anyone was trying to stir up any thing. I think we all want Giles to find a home no matter the letter or campus.
Why is it so hard to believe?
I am glad one of them is now a kappa and hope she is happy there.

By: Uh no
by: @NoooooOct 6, 2015 11:29:04 AM

Yes, absolute fact. Not sure why it's so hard to believe. Whether you like to admit it or not State has a strong Greek system with National award winning sororities and outstanding GPAs (DG currently holds the award for top chapter in the nation, KD recently won a top national award and Chi O is also one of the top chapters nationally as well as having over a 3.5 GPA). Recruitment there is very competitive. I WILL NOT give the name of the girl I know who pledged Kappa. If you want proof ask any active in a sorority at State or an involved alumni of the KD or Chi O chapters there. They will confirm it as fact.

By: @Nooooo
by: trueOct 6, 2015 11:44:09 AM

MS has a very strong greek system, probably a lil better then ours, it's really really hard to get in there. ours is too but it's not just timing we get there rejects because they got a solid system, unified.

By: true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.