facebook

timeline

by: pnm

can an active give a general timeline of how things are after rush? for example, when is big little week? initiation? i get that they're probably different for different sororities, but i was wondering how soon after bid day that stuff starts to happen

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Busy!   

The week after rush is midterms, so that will be your only semi quiet week this semester! Swaps will start immediately after midterms, so will pledge meetings, and theta encore practice. There will be philanthropy events starting in the weeks after bid day as well. Big little reveal will be two or three weeks after you receive your bid. Initiation about six to eight weeks later. A few won't be initiated until next semester. There are going to be date parties and formats later in November. Most sororities will have pledge retreats within a week or two.

By: Busy!
by: pnm Sep 19, 2015 6:49:03 PM

wow! i'm so excited! thanks for responding!

By: pnm
by: ActiveSep 20, 2015 3:33:57 PM

Big/Little and Initiation dates depend on the sorority. And there are formals in November/early December before Thanksgiving for both sororities and fraternities. There is Theta Encore that happens a month or so after bid day so you will have practices. Also you will have "New Member Meetings" about once a week with your sorority. These meetings just inform you about the sorority.

By: Active
#2  by: Rebss   

I heard after you pledge that you buy people in the sorority presents. What kind of presents and who are we buying them for ?

By: Rebss
by: NoSep 20, 2015 3:46:14 PM

Your big will make and/or buy you presents. Just google "big little gifts" if you don't know what I'm talking about.

It'll be your turn once you are a sister and taking a little sister.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.