facebook

telling them

by: PNM

If I go through the first round of rush and feel like a place is home for me. Should I tell this house that

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

That's better saved for pref. Think about this: what happens if somebody overhears you and let's the other sororities know your preference. What happens when your top house drops you and you are left with no houses because the other sororities have given up on you because they didn't think they had a chance.

It's best to keep your opinions to yourself and your options open.

By: No
#2  by: Agree   

I agree, save it for pref.

All the houses have a great idea of which house you will fit best in. Trust them to know whether they want you to be their sister.

Then on pref you get a bit of a choice...unless your top house decides to put you at the bottom of their list.

In any case, there's nothing you can do about any of these things. And if someone doesn't want you as their sister, why would you want them? Just focus on who wants you and who chooses you out of the crowd. Give that house a chance even if you don't think you'll fit in at first.

By: Agree
#3  by: Pref    

Save it for pref! Rush week is long and you just never know when cuts will happen. I was cut from my second choice house just before pref. came as a shock! It would have hurt more if I had worn my heart in my sleeve and told them that they were the only house for me just the day before.

At least by pref, you can be assured they want you too.

By: Pref
#4  by: To PNM...   

Please for God's sake, do NOT get your heart set on a specific house after the FIRST round of rush. Go through the entire process with an open mind and be happy with every invitation that you get. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

By: To PNM...
by: Agree!Sep 19, 2015 6:14:30 AM

^^^^^ Completely agree with this!!! ^^^^ you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you "fall in love" on the first day. I actually ended up in a house that I did not like at all day one- and the one that I LOOOOOVED day one, I couldn't wait to be released from by the time skit rolled around. You just never ever know. Save it for pref!

By: Agree!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.