facebook

pledge class size?

by: i wonder

i'm a pnm and i heard some sorority girls in one of my classes saying that pledge classes are likely going to be 170+ members! is this true? how many girls in total are rushing?

Posted By: i wonder
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Quota    

Is like 160-170. There will be nearly 2,000 girls rushing. There are ten houses, not including alpha phi, so 85% of girls should pledge a sorority.

By: Quota
#2  by: dayum   

There is no way in hell y'all can manage 160-170 in a pledge class. Good luck with that. We had 95 a couple of years ago and it was a disaster.

By: dayum
#3  by: Ole Miss girl   

We have managed pledge classes over 100 for several years. Thanks for the comment, but we will be fine. I actually expect pledge classes to be in the 140-155 range, which will allow for girls to be available to rush A Phi.

By: Ole Miss girl
by: afraid to tell youSep 17, 2015 8:28:49 PM

Little girl but 170 is quit a bit different than 100. With that many pledges drop out rates will be HUGE. Just watch.

By: afraid to tell you
#4  by: Facts   

Pledge classes were in the 130-145 range last year...fyi

By: Facts
by: lost control Sep 17, 2015 9:57:29 PM

Too many.

By: lost control
by: LllooolllSep 17, 2015 10:52:12 PM

The more the merrier! Bring on our new babies! We will welcome them all with open arms!

By: Lllooolll
#5  by: True   

It's true, our pledge classes have gotten way too big. Yes, it's hard to know your entire pledge class, but we try. It's impossible to get to know everyone in your sorority. But, everywhere you go, whether it's to class or out on the square, there is always a sister nearby. We may not be friends, but we always reach out and hug and say hello!

Adpi and alpha phi certainly help keep the numbers down, but once they are established, there does need to be more sororities invited into campus.

I understand that you can't just throw new sororities into the mix and expect them to be successful. That's why they are spacing them out.

adpi has been successful. They have strong alumni support and strong support from their parents club.

Alpha phi will struggle this year because of all the bad press, but in the end there will be girls who will rather take their chances than end up bid less. They did well at Alabama, but ole miss is different!

By: True

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.