facebook

rushing as a junior?

by: KD

I will be transferring to Ole Miss next year from Hinds Community College. I would like to be in a sorority, but how will being a junior effect this?

Posted By: KD
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You'll get a bid   

You'll get a bid, you'll just have very little options.

By: You'll get a bid
#2  by: Nope   

Maybe alpha phi. They will be desperate for new members next year. This years pledge class will be a joke.

By: Nope
#3  by: Honestly   

You will be lucky to get a bid anywhere. If you have good recs, good grades, and a good presentation (social skills, make yourself look nice), then you should get a bid somewhere.

People on this website are obsessed with "tiers" but honestly sisterhood is what it's about and you'll get that wherever you end up. Recruitment is fake and whatever impression you have of the sororities at that point, remember that's not real life with them 24/7 after recruitment week is over. Just be yourself and you'll find a home.

If you get released, you're lucky because Alpha Phi will be colonizing and they will be looking for upperclassmen for the colony.

By: Honestly
#4  by: Also   

(I feel this needs to be said)

Usually (but not always)... the bottom tier sororities have better sisterhoods than the top tier sororities

Think about it... the tiers are the way they are because of looks... so bottom tier is where it is because they tend to be more accepting and pick more on personality than top tier who tends to be more focused on looks

People can say I'm bashing top tier all they want but 100% honest I'm a top tier girl who knows how her chapter picks new pledges. I'm actually thinking of disaffiliating because I can't stand the drama and pettiness that goes on. Meanwhile the friends I made through panhellenic who are in in bottom tier houses are the nicest and most accepting people I have met.

My advice would be to shoot for mid-bottom if you want to be with nicer girls.

By: Also
by: Really?Sep 15, 2015 10:39:12 AM

I can honestly say that I disagree! Top tier sororities have great sisterhoods! I'm obsessed with mine.

I'm sure bottom tier girls have the same experiences. I do not think they are better or worse.

You get out of your sorority what you put into it! If you have a hard time fitting into your top tier sorority, you will probably have the same issues with any sorority.

Top or bottom, there is one thing all new members have in common. None of the new members had any say so in choosing their pledge class. That was done exclusively by actives or rush teams or alumni or whoever.

By: Really?
by: YesSep 15, 2015 11:54:44 AM

Yes really. My sorority's new members are chosen by the alumni and we can all clearly see that prestige and looks are what they are looking for. I wish I had known this before I went through rush. I'm seriously unhappy.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.