facebook

why rush is i don't have connections?

by: Honest question

I'm from oos and have no connections. I have 2 rec letters for each house but only a few came from ole miss alumni and those women aren't super active in their sorority anymore. I have a great gpa and great resume.

If connections are most important, why should I even rush? If I had rushed at my state school, I would be in a top house. But at ole miss, the school I love, I'll end up bottom tier.

Posted By: Honest question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ???   

You say that like girls in the bottom tier aren't good enough for you. You're wrong!

Even girls in the bottom tier love their sororities and have fun.

Il you get out what you put in.

By: ???
by: WhatSep 8, 2015 9:36:46 PM

Even girls in the bottom tier love their sororities and have fun? Stop, just stop.

By: What
#2  by: Hey   

Reality is that all the sororities are good here!

By: Hey
#3  by: OleMiss123   

There is not a bad sorority on the Ole Miss campus! The tiers don't really matter! We are all active and we all have fun! Lots of OOS girls have great rushes with lots of choices! Don't judge before you even get started!

By: OleMiss123
#4  by: I get it   

I understand what she's saying though....if all girls were judged without knowing where they are from geographically, she would be in a top house. She is disappointed because she feels like she will not be given a fair chance because she isn't from MS. I don't think she's judging the "non-top" houses. It might seem pointless if you don't feel like you won't even be considered....I get it.

By: I get it
by: Not OPSep 8, 2015 9:24:17 PM

I understand how OP feels. It's tough walking in knowing certain houses will overlook me just because I was raised in NYC instead of Memphis when I have traits and characteristics that would fit into their house 100% otherwise

By: Not OP
by: Guess what?Sep 8, 2015 9:40:07 PM

After college and in the real world, no one will care what tier your sorority was at Ole Miss. "Bottom" tiers here are "top" tiers elsewhere and vice versa.

By: Guess what?
by: Chicken buttSep 8, 2015 10:06:40 PM

Yes, we know. After college, yes, nothing matters, tiers don't exist,ok. But RIGHT NOW there are differences in houses that don't make top tiers great, and bottom tiers bad, but some houses might be more of a fit for this specific oos pnm. If all the houses were the same you could just divide up all the girls and "assign" them a house. That's not the point.
She is just pointing out that it is unfortunate if she can't be judged equally with a MS pnm.

By: Chicken butt
by: She can!Sep 8, 2015 10:21:07 PM

She absolutely can! But she needed to do her homework before arriving on campus! Did you know that at Oxford high school they offer an elective for girls called rush prep? That's right! Those girls go into rush prepared! I'm from 800 miles away and even I knew that to rush at ole miss meant having to spend months networking.

By: She can!
by: TruthSep 15, 2015 12:52:32 PM

@NotOP
You don't know that you would fit into a house 100% otherwise. If they don't choose you it's because THEY determined that YOU DON'T FIT IN. Harsh but true. Each house chooses who fits in with them best.

@Chickenbutt
You could probably randomly assign girls a house with how large the sororities at Ole Miss are.
OP will be judged in the same way everyone else as a whole is. Life isn't fair. Might as well learn that now.
Honestly no one normal on campus cares who is top or bottom after recruitment. The only people who care are the petty ones.

So yeah OP and Not OP need to chill out because it really doesn't matter. You know what does matter? Finding friends, making a sisterhood, date nights, swaps, going out, retreats, philanthropy, events, Panhellenic, etc. Any sorority will give you a chance to do that.

By: Truth
#5  by: Truth   

The reality is that any sorority at Ole Miss would be a TOP sorority at your state school. Bottom tier included.

So get off your high horse and eat some humble pie because all the houses are great here.

If you can't do that, we don't want you to be part of our community so keep out.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.