facebook

rankings

by: Pnm

I'm trying to keep an open mind going through recruitment but I definitely have some ideas about some sororities after reading things on here. What I'm asking though is if you're in a "lower tier" sorority does it really change your experience? I know there are all types of girls in each sorority but do other people on campus treat you differently based on your sorority? And does your sorority really affect whether some fraternity will hang out with you or not?

Yes I stole this from the Alabama page but I think it's a good question. Obviously Ill end up where I am supposed to be but I was just curious

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Soso   

lower tiers don't have swaps with top tier. Other than that, I would guess it is a similar experience all around. Top tier sororities have swaps with all the top tier frats.

By: Soso
#2  by: Yes   

The experience is different. To be honest, a sorority experience would be different for two girls in the same sorority. Sororities are what you make of them! You can either be involved or not. You can participate in the swaps or you don't have to. You can eat your meals at the sorority house or not. The experiences are up to you.

By: Yes
#3  by: Wow   

How many times does someone have to post this question?

The experience is all up to you. The only thing that is not up to you is who you swap with, but that really doesn't matter that much.

By: Wow
#4  by: active   

I can only speak for myself but to be honest I am super grateful for being in a top house. I absolutely love it. It might be superficial but I love having gorgeous sisters that everyone wants to be around. I love telling people what sorority Im in and guys saying that my sorority is their favorite. Whenever I go to chapter or watch my sisters at events I sit their in awe and never get over how lucky I am to be here. From high school I knew I always wanted a top house and I knew i belonged in one and when I got my bid card it was possibly one of the best days of my life. Being top defiantly has its perks and i honestly don't think I would've been happy in a bottom house. This is just my honest opinion on the subject though.

By: active
by: Thank youSep 10, 2015 11:42:28 AM

Thank you for being brave enough to post this! We are all conditioned to down play our top tier houses to avoid the backlash, but honestly, I couldn't agree more!

By: Thank you
by: Yes! Sep 10, 2015 11:55:20 AM

This is awesome! I feel the exact same way! I could not be more proud to be in a top tier house!

By: Yes!
by: TrueSep 10, 2015 4:44:18 PM

Bid day was the happiest days of my life. Being in a top house has benefits.

My roommate wasn't so lucky. She ended up in a bottom tier. Our experiences were much different!

However, even though the top sororities swap with better fraternities, all the fraternity houses host several date parties where they invite the date of their choice. So just because your sorority doesn't swap with top fraternities doesn't mean you never get to party with them! There are still date parties and many many open parties.

By: True
by: @activeSep 10, 2015 7:30:44 PM

At least you are shallow enough to admit it's only about looks for you.

By: @active
by: Lol kSep 11, 2015 7:09:14 PM

Just because I like having pretty sisters doesn't mean it's only about looks ? That's stupid, it's just one of the many many perks. We're also one of the best and win a lot and are respected and involved, guys love us, girls want to be us. I know this will get a lot of down votes but it's mostly just jealousy.

By: Lol k
by: mary jeanSep 12, 2015 8:40:46 AM

can I bow down and worship you now ?
tee hee
get over yourself already !!!

By: mary jean
by: @mary Jean Sep 12, 2015 3:21:44 PM

The simple fact that you engaged and responded tells me you are using sarcasm to hide your bid day disappointment.

By: @mary Jean
by: mary jeanSep 13, 2015 12:27:16 PM

to @mary jean, i can assure you that I did not have a bid day disappointment. To the contrary, I am very happy; however i do not look down on others who did have a disappointment. At least, have some compassion for others.

By: mary jean
#5  by: Take note   

The next time anyone talks about who trolls this website, this post makes the obvious even clearer. Girls in so-called top tier tooting their own horns and trying to keep old rankings alive. Your giants egos and cattiness is showing.Go back to Jackson girls.

By: Take note
by: HahaSep 10, 2015 8:28:52 PM

And obvious by your post that it's not all top tier doing the trolling!

By: Haha
by: WhatSep 11, 2015 8:17:14 AM

The only girls that commented that they're in top tiers didn't even say what sorority they're in. How is that keeping old rankings alive? If she had said "I'm an xyz and

By: What
by: WhatSep 11, 2015 8:18:03 AM

I LOVE IT it's the best thing ever so blessed to be the top house." That would be keeping rankings alive

By: What
#6  by: @Umm   

Are you kidding?

By: @Umm
#7  by: bottom   

I am in a bottom tier house. Many girls drop out either before or after their junior year. Most of our seniors are boring girls who have no life except to tell underclassmen what to do. We choose our homecoming representatives based on grades and involvement instead of how pretty they are.

Honestly, I hate everything about my sorority except for the clique I hang out with. If I could get away with not going to chapter meetings, I would.

Bottom tier girl here saying that yes, I am envious of top tier girls and all the fun they seem to have.

By: bottom
by: sadSep 11, 2015 6:14:04 PM

thats sad and quite honestly your chapter would be better off without you- instead of being envious how about showing up to chapter and trying to make a change? Speak up for running a pretty girl instead of grade based.... run for an office etc... as someone else posted above your experience and what you get out of it is honestly what you put in to it and your sad and pathetic sitting there pinning for something you will never have instead of trying to make your house and your letters the best they can be... quit already.

By: sad
by: YesSep 11, 2015 10:23:25 PM

It's certainly sad, but I feel the same way she does. I'll probably end up dropping out after my sophomore year.

We all go into rush hoping for a top or middle house. When our bid card isn't our first choice it can me damaging to our egos!

By: Yes
by: @bottomSep 12, 2015 3:42:17 PM

I really hate that you feel this way. Like @sad said, why don't you work hard and try to make your sorority better? Or why don't you just drop out? If you hate everything about your sorority except for your clique, then just drop. You can still hang out with those friends even if you aren't in their sorority anymore, and then you don't have to go to chapter meetings or anything else having to do with your sorority! Isn't that what you want?

It seems like you've spent a lot of time pouting over being in a "bottom tier" house; so in my opinion you need to make a serious change and either work your butt off to make your house the best it can be, or just get it over with and drop already. Take yourself out of your misery and save yourself the money (why would you spend all that money on something you hate???)

By: @bottom
by: LolzSep 15, 2015 12:09:21 PM

I don't believe this for a second... no one chooses their homecoming representatives based on grades lololololol biggest joke of the year

By: Lolz
#8  by: Hope   

Hope you are not in my chapter...

By: Hope
#9  by: Funny   

Observations from a pnm point of view:

1. Top tier girls are happy in their sororities
2. bottom tier girls insult and put top tier down when they voice how happy they are.
3. There are bottom tier girls who are unhappy.
4. Bottom tier girls hate it when one of their own tells the truth about how unhappy they are.
5. I'm scared to death of landing in a bottom tier house and being bitter for the next 4 years.

I am a pnm and firmly believe the bottom tiers needs to work on being nicer!

By: Funny
by: BSSep 12, 2015 10:41:34 AM

You ain't no PNM

By: BS
by: @BSSep 13, 2015 12:07:08 PM

Regardless of whether or not she is a PNM she pretty much nailed it. At least judging by all these comments.

By: @BS
by: stopSep 13, 2015 1:45:02 PM

Greek Rank is in no way an accurate description of greek life at Ole Miss!!!! Believe it or not, there are top tier girls who are unhappy in their sororities! Just like there are bottom tier girls who are unhappy with their sororities (as you've seen on here)! And there are top tier and bottom tier girls who absolutely love their house! Of course there are bottom tier girls who are jealous of top tier girls and who take it out on them on greek rank. But that does not represent the majority of our houses here. Those comments represent a few people's opinions, not those groups as a whole. If every bottom tier girl hated her sorority, then all or most of them would probably drop out. There wouldn't be this many so-called bottom tier chapters full of girls. There wouldn't be girls who proudly put their sorority letters in their instagram bio and who proudly wear their "ABC loves the rebs" button at every football game! I know plenty of bottom tier girls who LOVE their sorority. The only thing they hate is the negative stigma that some people have about their house and their sisters.

Those houses may not be for you. But don't stereotype hundreds of girls based on a few greek rank comments.

By: stop
#10  by: ^   

Why not just shut down all the so called bottom tier houses, and then all the pnms can be happy!

By: ^
by: ??Sep 13, 2015 9:27:35 AM

Oh, come on, we can't all be happy! Everybody doesn't win a trophy.

By: ??

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.