facebook

l?

by: pnm

if your a legacy for a sorority what do you have to do to not get a bid?? like what would they cut you for? or do you have a pretty good chance of getting a bid

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Difference   

In my sorority If you are a chapter legacy, meaning your mom or sister attended ole miss, then the only thing keeping you from a bid would be grades. Chapter Legacies get leeway with grades, but under a certain gpa, even chapter legacies will be cut.

If you are just a normal legacy meaning your mom or sister did not attend ole miss, you are treated just like every other PNM with no special treatment.

By: Difference
#2  by: So....   

How many legacies usually go through rush per year?

By: So....
#3  by: Legacies   

Every house defines legacies differently. Every house will have a different number of legacies. If you are cut from chapters and only have your legacy house left, are you sure... without even having gone through rush yet... that you don't want to have them left as an option?

By: Legacies
#4  by: haha    

there are so many girls going through rush this year that no house will be able to take all the legacies so only the best ones will get bids.

By: haha
#5  by: Legacies   

Every house will have around 25 or so chapter legacies, and somewhere around 100 non-chapter legacies.

Chapter legacies are the only legacies that matter.

By: Legacies
by: No...Sep 1, 2015 11:13:26 PM

That is absolutely NOT true for all houses. Please only speak for yourself. Many sororities are excited to see the daughters, sisters & granddaughters of ANY of their alumnae and consider them legacies. Legacies are not guaranteed a bid, but they are given extra consideration.

By: No...
#6  by: not op   

So do most chapters take most of their chapter legacies unless their legacies pick a different house?

By: not op
#7  by: yes...   

Chapter legacies are all but guaranteed. Caveat is grade or reputation risk.

By: yes...
by: NawSep 1, 2015 9:17:43 PM

Reputation risk is questionable. Just ask any tri delt. Chapter legacies are guaranteed except if their grades fall under the threshold (which is usually lower for chapter legacies).

By: Naw
#8  by: All different    

In my Sorority regardless if they are chapter legacies have a courtesy invite back to the second round which would be philanthropy. After that we treat them like any other PNM so yes if we feel like you don't fit in then you will get cut.

By: All different
by: ???Sep 2, 2015 6:24:06 AM

Every single woman in my family, dating back to my great grandmother is a dg. Mom, grandmother, aunts, great aunts, cousins, everybody! I was cut after the first round.

No, it wasn't my grades (3.7 gpa). It wasn't my reputation, I preffed two top tier houses. Wasn't my looks or talents either.

Some sororities just don't care about legacies that are not chapter legacies. When my mom called nationals she was told that dg had 95 legacies going through that year and they never follow the rules set out by nationals regarding anything.

Girls need to understand that unless they are chapter legacies, they will be treated just like any other PNM.

Theta and adpi my be different only because their legacies want shots at other sororities.

By: ???
#9  by: ???   

What if you have s sitting sister in another SEC school? Does it help that you have a family member currently in the sorority? Thankfully, she knows members here at Ole Miss!!!

By: ???
by: YesSep 2, 2015 9:09:01 AM

That helps

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.