facebook

alpha phi

by: rebel

if I sign up for alpha phi's recruitment will the other sororities know? and if i sign up for their recruitment but get a bid from another sorority will that matter?

Posted By: rebel
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

None of it matters. Go ahead and sign up for both. Honestly, you don't even have to sign up for alpha phi until after formal recruitment.

By: No
#2  by: To Rebel   

You don't have the order correct...

1. Formal Rush occurs. You go through rush or not, you choose what you want to do.

2. If you go through formal rush & are offered a bid, you either accept it or not. If you are OFFERED a bid, you would be INELIGIBLE to participate in APhi's colonization. If you are offered a bid from one of the chapters at the end of formal rush, you may not sign up for APhi rush, even if you choose NOT to accept it.

3. If you go through rush, but you choose to drop out before being offered a bid or are dropped during the rush process, you may sign up for APhi rush

4. After formal rush is concluded, APhi rush starts & the charter class will be selected

By: To Rebel
by: ???Sep 1, 2015 10:38:00 AM

Are you sure about that? I think the two are completely different.

If you don't accept a bid it shouldn't matter.

By: ???
by: @???Sep 1, 2015 5:57:13 PM

Yes they''re right. On pref night when you fill out your preference sheet you sign something that says you agree not to participate in any recruitment for 12 months. Your gammi chi will explain all of this to you.

By: @???
by: To RebelSep 1, 2015 7:29:08 PM

I am sorry to sound harsh, but it really doesn't matter what you think or how you feel the process SHOULD work. Yes, I am SURE this is the order that rush works.

If you sign the bid card after Pref, you are saying that you will accept a bid from EITHER of the sororities that you list. If you are offered a bid and then change your mind & walk away from that bid, you have to wait until next formal rush to try again anywhere. At Ole Miss, that is 1 year.

By: To Rebel
by: OpSep 1, 2015 8:18:28 PM

My question is, APhi already has their recruitment registration up, so should I sign up for it or not?

By: Op
#3  by: Soooo   

Let's say I go all the way through to pref and I only like one of the houses I pref. if I suicide and only list the one I like and don't receive a bid, then can I participate in alpha Phi's recruitment?

By: Soooo
by: No.Sep 2, 2015 4:26:19 PM

If you go to pref and make a selection, no matter what it is, you can't participate in recruitment until next fall. There's exceptions for COBs and snap bids but they won't be doing those this year until after alpha phi recruitment is over with.

By: No.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.