facebook

tent talk

by: wonder

What is "tent talk"?

Posted By: wonder
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Rush   

It's a term used to describe conversations between pnm's during rush when they are waiting under huge tents for their next party to begin.

Each house will have tents set up in front of them for pnm's to wait under. (Helpful if it rains)

The conversations usually revolve around which sororities the pnms have left on their cards and who their favorites are.

I remember one conversation where we were waiting to go into the phi Mu house for pref. one girl was excited because she felt that phi Mu was her future home. Another girl chimed in, pointed to tri delt and said that was her home. Another pointed at KD and said that was her future home. Another kappa.....

During these "tent talk" conversations favorites and least favorites are discussed. It is discouraged as Panhellenic doesn't want girls influenced by what they hear.

By: Rush
by: also --Aug 29, 2015 8:36:02 AM

Girls talk about rumors they've heard about each house and things like that; which is another bad thing about tent talk. These are RUMORS - not facts - and girls often spread them like wildfire during rush and they aren't even true.

By: also --
#2  by: Google   

Google sorority tent talk.

By: Google
by: wonderAug 29, 2015 11:58:33 AM

Thank you for the information. I did also Google tent talk before posting and was led to camping supply stores...haha. I also see posts here that said that the term tent talk is only used by mom's and then that poster was later called an idiot ! Haha. Sorry , I was just confused .

By: wonder
#3  by: Tent talk   

is just like sorority ranking…fairly useless

By: Tent talk
by: OmgAug 31, 2015 6:29:48 AM

Nothing is useless during rush! Just like the sororities are getting to know us, we have to get to know them. I'm listening to all rankings and rumors and studying the actives to see if the ranking and rumors hold any truth. I'm not listening to just the rankings on this website, I'm asking guys on campus, girls who chose not to join a sorority, I'm listening to everything is see and hear. People can say anything they want, we don't have to believe it. Here's what I think the rankings should be based on all the "tent talk" I have heard.

DDD/KD/XO
DG
phi Mu/kappa
Pi phi
AOPi
Adpi
Theta

Alpha phi.

Sure theta will hate this, and kappas will argue, but whatever. Numbers don't lie. Facts don't lie. Random people who somehow always came up with the same unprompted rankings don't lie.

By: Omg
by: Reb Aug 31, 2015 11:41:14 AM

This ranking is accurate!

By: Reb
by: RealSep 5, 2015 7:02:12 AM

Once you are around campus you will know the real rankings.

By: Real
#4  by: Kappa   

I agree, I love Kappa ! I just wish this image would go away.

By: Kappa
by: Phi muAug 31, 2015 1:02:47 PM

Probably at the same time the pageant girl stereotype leaves us. Or the spoiled stereotype leaves tri delt. Or the granola stereotype for the chi o's.

Get over stereotypes and chose a house you like the girls in.

By: Phi mu
by: YesAug 31, 2015 5:02:26 PM

Kappa is a great sorority filled with sweet girls!

By: Yes
by: ^^^Aug 31, 2015 5:42:42 PM

Every sorority is filled with nice sweet girls. Why you gotta brag!

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.