facebook

ranking

by: So

I thought that I finally get a say in my ranking for houses after pref. so I could pick my favorite and second favorite. But an alumni told me that if my second favorite puts me higher on their list than my first favorite, I will be paired with the second house. Is this true?

Posted By: So
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pretty much    

If you are about equal on your favorite and second favorite's list, then you will go to your favorite. But if you are say 100th on your favorite's list, but 15th on your second favorite's list, then you'll go to your second favorite. It sucks, but it's the reality. A house puts the girls that want them highest. Make it clear to your favorite that you want to be there and love them.

By: Pretty much
by: SoAug 11, 2015 7:48:05 PM

Should I tell my favorite before rush that I like them? Or should this be done on pref??

By: So
by: Not completely Aug 11, 2015 8:08:44 PM

Let's say quota is 150 this year. Each sorority will put together a list of their 150 top girls. This list is generally not ordered as these are the girls they want to give a bid to. They will also put together a second list. This second list will be ordered starting with the first girl they want to move up should a spot open up on their first list.

Now, let's assume you put sorority xyz first and sorority abc second. If you are on xyz's first list, you will be matched and receive a bid. If you are not on their first list, but if enough girls on their first list match with other sororities, creating an opening, you will move up and match with your first choice. However, if xyz reaches quota before they get to your name, you will go to your second choice, abc, provided they haven't already received quota.

If both sororities reach quota before they get to your name, one of the two will agree to take you on as a quota addition.

As long as your first choice house gets to your name before they reach quota, you should get a bid.

By: Not completely
#2  by: @ not completely   

Hallelujah!! Someone who understands how bids work. Finally.

By: @ not completely

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.